At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Sr. Maintenance Technician
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
SUMMARY Repair, install, and maintain plumbing systems and services on a large, complex scale. Work on an infrastructure's water pressure, boiler systems, water supply, and waste following blueprint designs and understand the requirements for each project. Solder, weld, and attach fittings and fixtures when needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Install copper and PVC piping and setting fixtures.
- Install new commercial plumbing and HVAC according to blueprints and codes.
- Maintain and perform preventative maintenance on all in-house plumbing throughout the entire facility.
- Read and interpret blueprints to assess or plan plumbing installations and layouts.
- Install, maintain, and repair plumbing systems and fixtures.
- Cut, weld, and assemble pipes, tubes, fittings, and fixtures.
- Inspect and test plumbing systems for safety, functionality, and code compliance.
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems.
- collect cost estimates.
- General maintenance duties
- Participate in equipment installation and start-ups
- Participate in implementation and maintenance of site Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) programs
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Proficient at PC office software such as excel, word, PowerPoint etc
- Detail oriented, commitment to deliver results
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deliver on tight timelines
- Excellent communication capability in both spoken and written
- Ability to manage effectively in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Customer service mindset
- Sound business acumen
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.