At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Radius, part of Jabil Innovation & Development is searching for a Senior User Researcher/Human Factors specialist who is passionate about leading project teams, adept at uncovering human-centered insights, and skillful at translating these insights into meaningful opportunities for design and innovation. This position will report to the Director of Innovation.
***Consulting Experience Highly Desired in this Role***
WHY JOIN US:
We are the innovation consulting arm of Jabil, the most technologically advanced manufacturing solutions provider in the world. Together we are the only end-to-end innovation consulting business committed to solving our clients' toughest challenges.
With the multi-disciplinary strengths of strategists, researchers, human factors specialists, designers, and conceptual engineers, we help clients identify as well as capitalize on the next game-changing opportunity – through experiences and products designed to win. We can be best described as change agents, entrepreneurial professionals backed by a large, established Fortune 100 organization.
WHAT YOU ARE:
We are looking for someone who can inspire fellow designers and lead with both empathy and conviction for the people we design for. As a senior consultant, you will play a crucial role throughout the entire project process — using research to inspire our design teams to create better experiences, inform better prototypes, elevate concepts/solutions and guide our clients through the product development journey.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Lead diverse teams and engage clients through the entire project journey;
- Design, scope, and run research activities that help us tackle our research challenge;
- Define and use new methodologies to uncover insights
- Lead the research process from developing discussion guides, recruiting participants, through to test moderation, analysis and report writing;
- Lead a variety of user research projects using ethnographic and interview- based methods including contextual interviews, usability tests, expert interviews, and group sessions;
- Facilitate synthesis, generating insights and opportunities for design;
- Creatively articulate the insights and stories behind our design concepts;
- Manage multiple stakeholder needs both effectively and sensitively;
- Perform a range of usability focused studies including planning, moderation, analysis and reporting.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
- 5+ years of qualitative (contextual?) research experience, with solid experience in healthcare, ideally in a consulting environment;
- Proven ability to use human-centered insight to answer business questions;
- Mastery of qualitative research methods, including research scope and design;
- Strong presentation skills with a creative and compelling storytelling style;
- Passion for leading teams and teaching others about research;
- Deep experience using investigative research to uncover human insights;
- Business and consulting savvy, with an ability to think strategically;
- Innate curiosity, and a passion for telling compelling human stories and connecting the stories to clear insights;
- Experience in Human Factors, including formative and user validation studies is desired.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.This job cannot be performed remotely in the state of Colorado.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.