At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Part of the Business Analytics Team, this position performs strategic & tactical analysis for internal and external customers. Strategic projects include preparing lowest landed cost analyses in support of customer RFQ’s, supply chain network improvement initiatives and supply chain network studies. The Business Analytics Manager will collect and process data, build models and support supply chain and business development groups with fact-based decision making. This role also controls analysis of business opportunities and producing optimal total landed cost network analyses of SC scenarios in reply to business unit and customer demand. Other projects include Quoting, Sourcing & Procurement, working with SCM managers to identify KPI’s and gather the information to give a leaner process for showing the group’s performance. Work with SCM Managers to develop data validation rules to support AMP metrics (Actionable, Measurable and Proactive).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Drive Network Optimization and Logistics analysis as needed
· Analyze business opportunities and create SC Network studies
· Work with cross functional experts within Jabil (trade compliance, tax, transportation, hubbing, manufacturing and services) to ensure a holistic competitive supply chain solution
· Produce innovative and accurate lowest landed cost analyses
· Meet with customers and Jabil counterparts to brainstorm supply chain solutions in support of BU’s and new business development managers
· Present supply chain network studies to internal and external audiences, and senior level management
· Develop and maintain databases for SCM teams to offer measurable improvement in process, data collection, analysis, validation and system updates
· Drive new system introduction & provide documentation and or training as required.
· Become expert on new systems & processes
· Create workflow documents for training and development for all users
· Contribute to SCM team productivity & improvement
· Reduce the need to run multiple reports with similar topics
· Use established processes for data sharing and reporting such as Rapid Response (alert jobs) or automated Share Point file posting (document libraries)
· Communicate all dashboard updates to the SCM group as necessary
· Drive Ad Hoc reporting requirements from SCM Sr Management
· Fully understand the needs of these requests to develop validation rules and key actions that will drive improvements
· Transition Ad Hoc reports into automated processes for future requirements
· Contribute to individual and department work flow and project tracker plans
· Document projects (current and future) in the SC Solutions tracker to ensure that duplication of effort is reduced
· Reference Jabil’s corporate initiative(s) that could be influenced
· Provide regular updates to Sr SCM Solutions team
· Ensure analysis accuracy and consistency
· Work with data owners as required, identifying data discrepancies & maintaining validation rules
· Ensure deadlines are clearly defined, communicated and achieved
· Seek out necessary experts to assist in resolving any delays to the deadline
· Drive project improvement towards Jabil’s top corporate initiatives
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations with this position and as directed by supervisor
· Follow all procedures within the company security police
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Knowledge of or experience in the following fields (with experience of the supporting tools and metrics) are required:
o Souring, Commodity Management & Procurement (JIS, SAT, ACE, Quote Win, SAP, Micro Strategy, Excel and Access)
o Activity based costing
o Simulation model development
o Optimization model development
o Stochastic sensitivity analysis
o Montecarlo simulation
o Deterministic sensitivity analysis
o Inventory costing & management (DMT, MCP, ROP and MPS).
o Legal & Contract processes
o Strong knowledge of Global transportation (air, integrator, road and ocean modes)
o International Tax & VAT/GST
o Trade Compliance: Customs and Export; Duties
o Reverse logistics, Warehouse costing, and Distribution
o Finance (TM1 and SCM Rebates)
· Strong and persuasive presentation skills with ability to win customer’s confidence as an expert in Supply Chain tools, Metrics and dashboard design
· Strategic and innovative thinker
· Strong Project management skills
· Expert level user of Microsoft office & adaptability to quickly learn new soft ware packages. Strong in Visual Basic and SQL. Programming experience will be a significant advantage
· Fluency in English (speaking, written and reading). Ability to read, analyze, and interpret customer RFQ’s. Ability to prepare and present SC Network Solution presentations. Ability to effectively respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public. Strong and persuasive presentation skills. Ability to win customers’ confidence as an expert in logistics and SC design. Ability to simultaneously work on multiple projects, meet deadlines, prioritize and re-prioritize workload. Global experience and global outlook. Advanced PC skills, including strong spreadsheet capability. Knowledge of Access database software desirable
· Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as statistical inference and algebra. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions. Percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations. Advanced applied statistics experience is a must
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited data exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor's Degree required, Masters Degree preferred.
· Minimum 5 years work experience required, including data processing, analysis, and tool development in multiple supply chain areas. Prefer international logistics and supply chain design experience.
· Or equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.