At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Technical Support for issues affecting statistics and the use of statistical data in driving process improvement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Serve as a liaison between the Quality Department and other departments and plants within Jabil in issues involving statistical analysis.
· Establish schedule and ensure that regular capability studies are conducted on critical equipment.
· Establish schedule and ensure that regular Gage R & Rs are performed on inspection, test, assembly staff.
· Support Lean activities through design and analysis of experiments and through validation of data from process improvement projects
· Improve technical support within the Quality Department in the use of statistical tools.
· Support and drive focus on corrective action and continuous improvement through the use of statistical tools.
· Serve as a liaison between the plant and the Global Quality Analyst with respect to standardized process evaluations.
· Support, focus, and drive corrective action and improvement activities through the use of statistical data.
· Provide training in the use of statistical tools (SPC, DOE, ANOVA, T and F tests, Confidence intervals).
· Assist in the measurement equipment selection, justification, and operation.
· Assist in the development of plans and timelines of process improvement.
· Develop and implement procedures and reporting method.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline or in Mathematics/Statistics and 3 years experience in electronics manufacturing in a quality or manufacturing engineering. Master degree Mathematics/Statistics and Six Sigma Black Belt certification preferred.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.