At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Responsible for researching and addressing accounting related implications associated with new transactions and/or the adoption of new accounting guidance. This position will also be responsible for working with business partners within the organization to ensure that the financial statements are in compliance with U.S. GAAP.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES /RESPONSIBILITIES include the following: (Other duties may be assigned)
- Provide technical accounting expertise and support while advising the Company on its business issues and/or transactions.
- Perform research and provide guidance on technical accounting issues on a range of accounting topics including restructuring, pensions, fulfillment costs, goodwill & intangibles, mergers and acquisitions, foreign currency, revenue recognition, fixed assets, inventory, leases, etc.
- Prepare comprehensive position papers that document and support the Company’s accounting conclusions reached on specific transactions and/or upon adoption of new accounting guidance.
- Contribute to monitoring and implementing new U.S. GAAP accounting guidance and SEC reporting requirements.
- Maintain internal controls and procedures to ensure effective risk management and compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley § 404.
- Supervise and mentor accounting staff, if applicable.
- Provide support to the Company’s external auditors during audits and interim reviews.
- Participate in special projects and/or ad-hoc requests as they arise.
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and should not be construed as an all inclusive list of position responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting with 3-5 years of experience in a public accounting firm and/or public company.
- CPA license is required.
- Technical accounting knowledge related to a range of accounting topics such as restructuring, pensions, fulfillment costs, goodwill & intangibles, mergers and acquisitions, foreign currency, revenue recognition, fixed assets, inventory, leases, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to research an accounting issue, document conclusions and implement action plans to ensure the proper treatment.
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently to proactively address accounting related matters and other solutions.
- Ability to work well under pressure to meet tight deadlines and manage multiple tasks in an environment of changing priorities.
- Ability to focus with an attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Basic knowledge of ERP accounting and reporting systems is preferred.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.