At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining tooling specifications to meet specific component and project strategies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Project manage optimisation, maintenance & overhaul projects on existing tool portfolio (prototype single cavity & production multi-cavity tools)
- Apply systematic root cause problem solving involving all stakeholders (including key support department team members & tooling/equipment vendors) to meet customer delivery & product quality objectives in the most cost-effective manner
- Lead the use of lean tools to drive continuous improvement & process reliability on tools
- Work with Device Development Services (DDS) & New programme personnel to support the introduction of new tools to site for new products to ensure high levels of process reliability post PQ.
- Lead the injection moulding tooling technical function for both internal project teams and client teams and manage new injection mould tool introduction to the Operations team.
- Development and implementation of multi-cavity Tooling strategies for complex and/or large tooling builds with optimal cavitation and cycle times to meet the needs of a robust manufacturing process and quality requirements
- Participate and lead product development or project meetings, including performance and presentation of the DFM/DFA recommendations. Participate in Risk Assessment/Analysis (dFMEA, pFMEA).
- Participation and development of measurement inspection techniques, fixtures and test methods.
- Manage mold flow requirements and translate data into final conclusions for use in tooling considerations.
- Ensure all engineering changes are managed through the relevant cGMP procedures including documentation, equipment manuals, QCBD records & CAD drawing controls
- Create a high performing flexible tooling team which achieves excellent results.
- Provide direction to tooling personnel as appropriate reviewing tool downtime & preventative maintenance data , tool running status, escalations & corrective action to ensure targets are achieved
- Ensures that there is regular communication & coordinated planning of all new & existing tool projects using visual communications boards within tooling
- Implementation of company policies, adherence to all Corporate EHS and cGMP policies
- Ensure ongoing compliance with GMP in all practices, recording of events and processes.
- Ensure compliance with all learnings from all GMP training events.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned from time to time as needed, based on the evolution of the company and the requirements of the department/position.
- Mechanical Engineering degree, qualified Toolmaker or relevant experience as a Tooling Engineer
- Excellent knowledge of multi cavity injection mould tools and hot runner systems.
- 5+ years tool development experience, preferably in medical devices.
- Strong tooling and product design skills, with a working knowledge of 2D/3D CAD
- Knowledge of resin materials and processing techniques for tool building and polymer processing
- Experience in rapid prototyping techniques and their application.
- Strong knowledge of tool approval process, polymer materials & injection moulding processing
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organisational, systematic root cause problem solving skills
- Motivated, enthusiastic, self-directed & results driven with strong project management skills
- Ability to project manage across functional teams involving tooling vendors & suppliers
- Knowledge of Lean continuous improvement techniques including statistics & DOE
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.