At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
The Enterprise Solution Specialist (ESS) has a dual responsibility.
The initial one is to help with the "formalization" of IT processes and landscapes as they are driven by business strategy, roadmap, and business process.
The second role involves the responsibility for the day-to-day operational activities required to ensure the Jabil application landscape and roadmap are documented, maintained, and communicated.
In addition, the ESS will independently conduct business process analysis, provide needs assessments, propose innovative technological solutions to support the business process, provide preliminary cost/benefit analysis of initiatives with little or no direct Project Management guidance.
The ESS will also be responsible, from time to time, to help coordinate project activities, drive project tasks, and help manage project related activities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Document and maintain reference materials explaining Jabil’s IT landscape.
- Using input from the Jabil IT team, document and maintain reference materials that explain Jabil’s IT roadmap.
- Document assessments plans, and authorization of changes to the IT application landscape.
- Research technology and industry trends to hone Jabil’s competitive edge.
- Develop the knowledge to define technical roadmaps that balance investment and benefit
- Work to minimize disruption of services due to improper application and/or change implementation.
- Work to identify the root cause of Incidents or their prevention.
- Help to ensure services are stable, timely and accurate and Incidents neither occur nor recur, focusing on incident prevention.
- Support all the other processes providing accurate data related to the production environment, the elements (configuration items) that make it and their relationship.
- Seek out, understand and interpret the IT organization, Jabil, and Jabil process requirements.
- Participate in the design and implementation of the process of his/her responsibilities, related tools and/or methodology to ensure cost efficient, timely and effective services that support the corporate business strategy.
- Develop process tools and templates to facilitate process consistency and effectiveness.
- Maintain concise process management documentation and ensure process information repository is complete and accurate.
- Oversee the day-to-day administration and operation of the process of his/her responsibilities and associated tools (Global, Regions, Sites level as assigned).
- Ensure process controls are monitored and in compliance with Jabil audit requirements ad compliance programs (e.g. Sarbanes-Oxley).
- Monitor process performance against Key Performance Indicators and other measurements, prepare and analyze process management reports.
- Participate in the processes and tool improvement initiatives.
- Provide practical and technical consulting and mentoring on process utilization.
- Ensure Customer Satisfaction with the utilization and results of the process.
- Participate in the exchange of ideas and information within the department.
- Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style.
- Ask questions; encourage input from team members.
- Provide regular updates to appropriate managers.
- Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
- Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management.
- Assure that procedures and work instructions are efficient and not redundant.
- Offer new ideas and suggestions for improvement. Identify and implement new practices and processes that are “best in field.”
- Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively; making customer issues a priority.
- Confer with reporting manager on complex or unusual situations.
- Establish new measurement systems if/where possible.
- Exchange knowledge and information with other Jabil and Jabil facilities to ensure best practices are shared throughout the Jabil organization.
- Ensure 100% adherence to all company policies and procedures (i.e. Health, Safety and Quality)
- Maintain utmost discretion and confidentiality in all areas pertaining to data and proprietary information, whether internal to Jabil or customer specific.
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Maintain discretion and confidentiality in all areas pertaining to the IT systems and business processes.
- Understand and embrace the business and IT strategic direction.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Degree in computer science, management information systems, industrial engineering, systems engineering, manufacturing technology, data science, or other related discipline preferred.
- Minimum of 2-4 year relevant work experience.
- 1-3 years of overall IT experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in use of technology, data visualization technology, PCs, Microsoft Office products, and email
- Must be adept at navigating the diversified landscape with respect to country cultures, company divisions and internal hierarchy.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.This job cannot be performed remotely in the state of Colorado.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.