At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Inspects and measures incoming material to ensure conformance to part specification list in accordance with IPC-A-600 & IPC-J-STD-001. Measures critical to quality characteristics of incoming material using various mechanical and electronic measuring tools Inspects and measures incoming material to assure conformance to part specification list. Works under general supervision. Acts as a liaison with other departments, divisions, and organizations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Inspects incoming material to cosmetic/workmanship standard. Measures critical characteristics / safety critical characteristics of incoming material using various mechanical and electronic measuring tools. Manages material flow through the Supplier Quality Inspection area in such a way that good and non-conforming material is clearly identified and material moves quickly in and out of the area. Understands and interprets part specifications. Understands and performs Standard Inspection Plans. Enters test and inspection results into SAP or part folders as necessary. Maintains filing system for test records. Creates and releases Quality Notifications in SAP as needed. Performs solder samples, internal Part Number Changes (PNCs), and specialized quality requirements. Helps manage the RIR (quality notification) cage.
· Escalating issues and quality trends to department leadership
· Performs measurement system studies and measurement evaluations under engineering guidance.
· Trains personnel as needed.
· May perform other duties as assigned.
· Demonstrated ability to use equipment and tools typically used in the inspection process such as calipers, gage blocks, gate pins, and optical comparators.
· IPC-A-600 Acceptability of Printed Boards certification.
· PC skills, including training and knowledge in applicable software packages, including SAP and desktop applications.
· Ability to work under tight time deadlines with frequently changing priorities.
· Ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
· Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to vendors, customers, and other employees of the organization.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
· Ability to use standard and unique problem-solving techniques.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Individual may be required to sit, stand or walk for extended periods of time.
· Lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs. occasionally required.
· Use of computer keyboard and other standard office equipment is required.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and use of computer monitor and written and printed materials
on a daily basis.
· Employee’s primary workstation is located in the receiving / stockroom area, where the noise level is moderate.
· Exposure to dirt or dust is moderate. Temperatures may range from cold to hot at various times throughout the year.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.