At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
The Principal RF Systems Engineer is the subject matter expert defining the architecture and design for 4G/5G Basestation Radio Unit signal processing chains, including LPHY and DFE design, and data converter frequency planning. You will be providing guidance on new 5G features implementation. You will consult on system architectures, assess technical requirements and competencies needed during quoting and oversee design progressions during product developments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop system design and Matlab models for 4G and 5G ORAN radio digital processing blocks for FPGA implementation, including FFT, filtering, combining, and CFR, DPD. Provide analysis of and recommend converter sample rates to meet implementation and performance objectives.
- Provide guidance on advanced 5G features like Bandwidth Parts
- Translate models into fixed point bit exact simulations
- Support specification and analysis of RF algorithms running on RU. Act as RF algorithm SME for FPGA team
- Create design documentation and design reviews for development, implementation, and test planning
- Drive trade-off analyst to optimization of resources (costs, power, resource utilization)
- Work closely with implementation teams to evaluate expected system level performance and provide quick feedback on potential improvements. Develop
- Work closely with the development and test engineering teams to ensure communication subsystems are validated to meet performance specifications
- Write scripts using common scripting languages such as Python
- Will analyze service and system issues, determine root-cause for failure and develop corrective actions
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistics, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to develop mathematical models of physical reality and solve them, then implement the results.
Matlab, Python, C, Verilog
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university. PhD preferred
Ideally 10+ years of related experience and/or training
- Has a passion for working on new technologies in a fast-paced and frequently changing environment
- Must be self-motivated, able to manage simultaneous events efficiently
- In-depth knowledge on mobile networks, especially on 3GPP and FCC LTE 4G and 5G standards in RAN and the interface between radio network and core network
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.This job cannot be performed remotely in the state of Colorado.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.