At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Responsible for the demand management, statistical planning analysis and inventory activities for a global business unit on a worldwide basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· The Global Demand Planner coordinates planning activities in support of the long-term supply plan and the customers’ service level agreements.
· Manage forecast from the customer; including development & refinement of the process, analysis of the impact of demand changes, customer interface, and development and communication of the weekly build requirement to the Jabil factories.
· Understand contractual agreement between customer and Jabil on material liability prior to loading demand in MPS.
· Validate the legitimacy of customer demand through analysis of historical shipments, upcoming extraordinary events, production plans in other regional sites, and frequent, detailed discussions with the customer’s site master planners.
· Ensure an aggressive, yet achievable build plan is loaded into master production schedule (MPS) by evaluating material and capacity sizing activities for thoroughness and accuracy.
· Prepare analysis and documentation to support the Global Planning Manager as part of the collaborative S&OP meeting with the customer.
· Finalize the collaborative forecast with the customer and develop a long-term master schedule for each site workcell.
· Communicate the long-term master schedule to each site workcell. Act as a subject matter expert for the site workcells regarding customer demand and long-term Jabil production schedule.
· Negotiate reduced impact to Jabil’s liability based on demand changes with the customer.
· Balance the need for customer satisfaction as measured by On Time Shipments (OTS) versus the carrying cost and cash flow impact of excess inventory. Own this activity and escalate issues quickly to resolve conflicts.
· Develop strategic safety stock proposals to meet customer service expectations, protect against poor supplier delivery or quality.
· Communicate with the customer on the overall ability of the Jabil site workcells to meet demand based on material and capacity constraints reported by the global workcells.
· Maintain critical planning data elements in DMT and other systems such as product to family mapping, identification of NPI/ EOL assemblies, etc.
· Support and actively participate in monthly revenue forecast cycle.
· Support the development of quarterly demand and inventory forecasts for the Global BU quarterly forecast bid and lock.
· Maintain tool to understand financial impact of MPS to forecast revenue variance at the business unit plant and global level.
· Periodically report revenue trend and risks to operations based on data received from global workcells.
· Report trend data for on-time delivery, MPS alignment to financial forecast, and inventory on the business unit level based on data received from the factories.
· Assist in the deployment of business unit level metrics to specific site-level targets for inventory and revenue.
· Analyze internal lead-time metrics and make corrective actions based on the root causes.
· Maintain Reorder Point (ROP) sizing, Hub sizing, and other finished goods inventory requirements.
· Allocate materials to the correct sites globally.
· Balance demand globally to support regionalization and sales patterns.
· Recognize critical components, pricing, lead-time, and high stocks and develop process changes and proposals to address these.
· Provide direction and leadership in WIP tracking capabilities, BOM structuring, and process routings.
· Act as a conduit between the business unit and the customer on issues related to forecast/MPS, inventory, ECN’s, shipments, inventories, etc.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Individual Performance Management:
· Align site planning performance metrics versus service level and process expectations.
· Review performance metrics and progress continuously.
· Identify training / development needs on an ongoing basis.
Team Performance Management:
· Drive a mindset of innovation and continuous improvement throughout the planning function.
· Drive motivation levels within the planning organization supporting the customer.
· Drive consistency of approach and performance in executing the Advanced Planning process between sites and in compliance with the Service Levels agreed by the customer.
· Ensure that an effective forum for the exchange of ideas and information exists within the Manufacturing Engineering function.
· Facilitate/ Coach the Master Planners, Production Planners, and others within the planning function with regards to their roles & responsibilities within the team.
· Build and Maintains effective Customer Relationships.
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
· Ability to understand, calculate, interpret, and communicate basic statistics.
· Ability to apply critical thinking to large sets of data and information.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
· Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
· Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
· Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
· Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.