At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
- Leads & supports engineering activities for new products, processes or technologies within the Moulding Workcell, and for the enhancement or extension of existing product lines.
- Leads & supports development and implementation of changes to key processes to achieve sustained performance, quality and cost improvements.
- Conducts failure investigations in order to determine causes of problems and develop and implement solutions.
- Leads team(s) of people across different skillsets and disciplines as required, to carry out the activities mentioned above.
- Direct line management responsibility for toolmakers, process technicians and equipment maintenance technicians within the workcell.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate engineering support for the Moulding Workcell in executing the production plan to meet the customer requirements.
- Co-ordinate maintenance activities for the Moulding Workcell, including tooling and associated moulding equipment maintenance, via a team of toolmakers, process technicians and equipment maintenance technicians.
- Liaise with the Programmes group to ensure Operations & Engineering are closely aligned to product development & new programme activities as required. Offer input to Programmes group on user requirement specification, buy-off, installation, validation & production ramp up of new lines.
- Liaise with equipment vendors & programme management teams as appropriate.
- Identify and deliver service-improvement activity across the Moulding Workcell by employing process improvement methodologies and the application of innovative thinking.
- Work closely with the Moulding Workcell team in building a continuous improvement environment to support an ongoing programme of change.
- Identify trends and process variations as part of establishing a continuous improvement monitoring system.
- Actively monitor project risks to foresee/identify potential problems and actively identify solutions to address in advance.
- Lead the completion of engineering projects, working with cross-functional teams as required.
- Provide leadership & mentoring to the Workcell, in critical areas around Automation, Vision Systems, SCADA systems installation, networks, set up, configuration, calibrations, troubleshooting and fault finding, including use of analytical tools (Lean & Six Sigma).
- Contribute to goal setting, performance reviews, training & development as appropriate within the Workcell.
- Responsible for ongoing industry engagement and research into new technology or development tools, in order to remain informed of current technology and enhance current offering.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with GMP in all practices, recording of events and processes.
- Ensure projects are prioritized in line with business needs.
- Work closely with customers to ensure engagement and alignment on critical projects and issues, and shared ownership where relevant.
- Ensure compliance with all learnings from all GMP training events.
- Supports all company safety and quality programs and initiatives.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned from time to time as needed, based on the evolution of the company and the requirements of the department/position.
- B Eng or equivalent relevant qualification.
- Have a minimum 5 years relevant work experience in manufacturing environment.
- Previous experience of automated assembly engineering, injection moulding, automated systems & product engineering highly desirable.
- Exceptional organizational, people leadership and interpersonal skills
- Customer focused, motivated, enthusiastic, self-directed & results driven leader.
- Good data analysis skills
- Provide innovative solutions to complex problems
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.