At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Working under limited supervision, performs a variety of semi-routine assignments by following established procedures. Is able to recognize the occasional need to deviate from accepted practice to resolve problem.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Follows established procedures on routine assignments; receives instructions on new assignments; completing assignments the following areas:
· Train and coordinates activities of machine operators or MA’s in the maintenance of production equipment.
· Troubleshoot to determine problems in non-functioning electro-mechanical equipment used in the manufacturing process.
· Dismantle, adjusts, repairs and assembles equipment according to layout plans, blueprints, operating or repair manual, rough sketches or drawings.
· Uses test and diagnostic equipment to perform checkouts.
· Rebuilds manufacturing equipment as required.
· Perform scheduled preventive maintenance. Document maintenance as per program designation.
· Move or assist in the movement and installation of equipment.
· Calibrate equipment using general and special purpose test equipment.
· May be required to source equipment parts.
· May be required to work overtime or be on-call.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Knowledge of company policies and procedures to complete assigned tasks.
· Must be able to read, write and communicate in English. Must be able to effectively communicate with technical support services.
· Use of basic and special purpose hand tools, leveling instruments, and test/calibration equipment.
· Must be able to troubleshoot all failures that are detectable at the IO level.
· Basic mathematics.
· May require forklift certification.
· Understanding of electronic color codes and other component value markings.
· Understanding of safety practices requirements.
· Solid knowledge of specialized maintenance tracking programs.
· Personal computer operation in a Windows environment (Excel, Word and PowerPoint and e-mail).
· Use of specialized maintenance tracking programs.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Associates degree in electronics with emphasis in servo positioning theory or equivalent discipline.
· Two (2) to five (5) years prior work experience in electro-mechanical equipment in a manufacturing environment required.
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Injection Molding Technician Automation Technician is responsible for all aspects of the injection mold processes including changing out molds, completing setups, troubleshooting, operation, process audits/cleaning logs, line clearances, mold change checklists and daily maintenance of injection mold. Automation Technician is responsible for setting up of end of arm tool (EOAT) loading robot program stepping the robot program through its parget positions setting part assurance, trouble shooting issues with EAOT and robot along with down stream automation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Perform and direct the mold and material changing processes
Assure that mold set up, changeovers, and housekeeping standards are met
Ensure new job start-ups run correctly, making any necessary adjustments
Work with production personnel to ensure molded parts meet requirements, make process adjustments as necessary
Troubleshoot processing problems including normal adjustments and checks
Ensure molding machines and supporting systems are set to correct parameters and meeting the production goals
Verify process parameters and implement changes, as appropriate, to improve cycle times
Inspecting parts to ensure they meet the customer specifications
Stop production to correct any quality issues
Daily mold cleanings
Answer machine robot and automation alarms clear and restart
Review and inspect machines daily for maintenance issues and report to the maintenance department
Monitor, train, and coach the machine operators to ensure they are following proper procedures
Follow all clean up and housekeeping procedures
Comply with all safety, quality and work rules and regulations
Other duties may be assigned as necessary
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
2-5 years previous injection molding process experience is required
Proficient skills in reading, writing and arithmetic are necessary
Strong mechanical abilities & knowledge- preferably in the plastics Industry, with experience in Injection Molding
Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; very detail-oriented
Excellent troubleshooting skills
Excellent computer skills
Strong communication skills interacting with all levels of a company’s hierarchy
Education and Experience:
2-5 years of experience in a similar type of position working in the plastics Industry; injection molding processes
Master molder I/II, Molding essentials
High School diploma is preferred
College degree beneficial but not necessary
While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to talk and listen. The employee is required to use their hands and fingers to handle and feel. Vision requirements of this job include close vision, color vision, and moderate distance vision. The employee is required to stand and walk for most of the shift, working on a specific machine and/or moving from machine to machine. The employee may occasionally need to lift moderate weights up to 50 lbs. The employee will also spend some time in an huddle room, completing reports and other required paperwork.
The work setting of this manufacturing facility provides adequate lighting, noise levels will be moving between moderate to high noise levels. Required Personal Protection Equipment includes Safety Glasses and Hearing Protection for any person in the production area. Additional PPE may be required. gloves, face masks, face shields, dependent on the specific job being performed and company safety rules and regulations. Need to follow all clean room requirements.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.