At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
The Master Electrician II provides electrical and electronic support to the operations. Position entails working closely with the Electricians, Technicians and customers troubleshooting and repairing electrical and electronic equipment associated with Industrial Process Water Systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Provide senior level electrical and electronic management and directions to electric staff
· Troubleshoot and repair electrical and electronic equipment associated with water treatment systems at customer sites. Equipment includes, but not limited to, PLCs, VFDs, industrial process instrumentation, pumps, pneumatics, motor controls, PID controllers and power distribution
· Participate in equipment installation and start-ups at additional sites and/or at customer locations
· Provide customer technical support in person, via phone and electronically
· Work closely with the engineering group to produce accurate and complete documentation
· Must be able to read and follow schematics, Piping and Instrumentation Drawings (P&IDs) and electrical schematics
· Design and Produce electrical schematics and bill of materials (BOMs)
· Accurately apply knowledge of NEC and OSHA regulations as it relates to electrical
· Correctly size and specify wire, conduit, switches, panels, fuses, circuit breakers, etc.
· Assist in developing operations and training manuals
· Able to distill and apply information from manuals
· Assist, oversee and train lower level electricians with regard to equipment and process operations
· Advise other team members of operational procedures and requirements for working safely with electrical and electronic equipment and components
· Participate in implementation and maintenance of site Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) programs
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Possess working knowledge of typical industrial instrumentation and be able to perform calibrations and configuration of such devices
· Working knowledge of PLC programming
· Excellent communication skill: exhibit the ability to interact effectively with various types of people, and to drive compliance by ensuring the team understands how their work affects the overall success of the company
· Knowledge in various electrical software platforms for programming
· Proficient at PC office software such as excel, word, PowerPoint etc
· Detail oriented, commitment to deliver results
· Ability to manage multiple priorities and deliver on tight timelines
· Excellent communication capability in both spoken and written
· Ability to manage effectively in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
· Six Sigma Training or certification is preferred
· Customer service mindset
· Sound business acumen
· Strong interpersonal and team building skills
· Experience working in matrix organization
· Project and team management experience
· Strong domain Knowledge of SDI, Mobile and Water industry
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.