At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Develops and implements quality plans, programs, and procedures ensuring that project performance and design quality conform to established company, customer, and regulatory requirements. Reviews, analyzes, and reports quality process discrepancies related to design and development. Leads investigation of problems and develops dispositions, modifications, and corrective actions for recurring or non-recurring discrepancies. Interfaces with manufacturing, engineering, customer, vendor, and subcontractor representatives to ensure requirements are met. Has primary responsibility ensuring process controls associated with design transfer to the Customer or Jabil manufacturing site are successfully executed.
- Quality Systems - Supports the Global Quality Manager in defining, executing, and maintaining the Quality Management System.
- Project Quality - Participates as a team member of assigned design projects providing the service of the Quality Engineering function.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Defines, develops and implements Quality Engineering strategies, which contribute to the campus strategic directions. Provides regular updates to Global Quality Management on the execution of the strategy.
- Executes the site Quality Management System including CAPA, Internal/External audits, Management Review, Calibration, Maintenance, Training and other aspects to support and maintain certification of ISO 9001 as well as other certifications.
- Supports all global training programs by development and implementation of specialized training sessions for all applicable functions.
- Develops and maintains appropriate systems for document control and storage, access, and review pertaining to Quality Systems and project records.
- Executes the Global CAPA program to meet or exceed Global and site quality objectives.
- Performs suitable Root Cause Analysis using methods including 3-Way 5-Why analysis to determine root cause(s) of internal and external issues and nonconformities.
- Execute activities to support the site Quality Objectives.
- Develops and maintains design QA plans for timeliness of global new product introductions utilizing Advanced Quality Planning techniques and Process Optimization specific to the customer.
- Provides support for all quoting activities by participation in initial process design, development, and implementation phases.
- Provides insight and assistance of implementing and maintaining Process Improvement and Optimization concentrating on proactive methodologies.
- Actively contributes to Process efficiency initiatives.
- Participates in Procedure reviews with input related to efficiency, content, and format.
- Oversees and reviews project design process to ensure compliance to internal procedures, customer requirements, and regulatory standards.
- Drives product quality within the Design Engineering project team through assurance of compliance to Design Controls including Requirements management/verification, Design Inputs, Design Outputs, Design Reviews Design Transfer and Change Management.
- Reviews product requirements to ensure clarity, completeness, and to eliminate ambiguity.
- Drives Quality System for product development (Product Life Cycle Quality) for assigned projects. Ensures compliance and provides guidance to engineering teams.
- Assesses product risk and recommends mitigation actions including DFMEA, DFx, Reliability Analysis, customer collaboration and others to minimize risk.
- Execute design transfer to the customer (internal or external) upon completion of the project.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001
Education & Experience Requirements
* BS degree in Engineering or equivalent
* 6+ years of experience including QMS Auditing (ISO 9001)
* Or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
NOTE : Candidate will work onsite at Jabil St. Pete campus Monday – Friday. This is not a remote position.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.