At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
The Field Service Engineer will provide standards of operation and develop applications on equipment for Additive. This position is responsible for training operators, customers, and other personnel as needed. The Field Service Engineer will have knowledge of electro-mechanical systems and peripheral equipment operation used for installing and servicing equipment on site location and at remote sites. The Field Service Engineer is the Subject Matter Expert (S.M.E.) in this field.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Work closely with Operations and Engineering to mitigate production downtime. Execute repairs in a timely manner
· Provides excellent customer service support
· Develop product documentation for customers/additive sites
· Application development and trouble shooting, installation services
· Train customers and Jabil employees on the operation process
· Programming and maintenance of organizational systems
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
· Ability to lead others
· Good written and verbal communication skills
· Overtime, evenings and weekends as necessary
· Worldwide travel as necessary
Additional Job Responsibilities
- Guidance of operator staff
- Training of PM's
- Safe and proper operations
- Use of hand and power tools
- Trouble shooting and diagnostic abilities
- Document and execute service tickets
- Manage inventory of spares and PM kits
- Create service documents and revisions as needed
- Set PM schedules
- Perform periodic audits for machine wellness
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.