At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Are you an engineering leader that enjoys fast environments and the complexity of contract manufacturing? Are you looking to make an impact within an industry leading company? Jabil has an immediate opportunity for a Manufacturing Engineering Manager for our San Jose, CA facility! In this role, you will plan, organize, and direct the Mechanical Engineering department to meet company objectives. You'll have the opportunity to grow, develop, and mentor employees while strategizing to meet customer demands. Apply Today!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides direction on design and development activities to improve, modify or design new equipment products and processes.
- Oversees key projects, processes and performance reports, data and analysis.
- Selects, develops, trains and supervises staff. Establish individual goals and training plans. About 10 direct reports.
- Develops, determines and implements policies, procedures and programs.
- Analyze new components and development tools and provide guidance on their use.
- Analyzes technology trends, human resources needs and market demand to plan projects.
- Confers with management and production staff to determine engineering feasibility and cost effectiveness.
- Ensures proper documentation.
- Selects correct design concept and fundamental technology used for new products or improvement of existing ones.
- Design and develop new components or redesign existing components to improve company products.
- Determines and establishes specifications through engineering calculations and layouts.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
- Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems.
- Production forecasting based on customer needs and historical data.
- Provide communication forum for the exchange of ideas and information with the department.
- Develop an understanding of the Workcell business strategy as it pertains to Design Services.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field with a minimum of 8 years experience required; Masters preferred.
- Previous leadership experience involving direct reports highly preferred.
- 2 or more years of project management experience strongly encouraged.
- Contract manufacturing experience highly preferred
- Engineering leadership with direct reports.
BENEFITS WITH JABIL
Along with growth, stability, and the opportunity to be challenged, Jabil offers a competitive benefit package that includes:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans with HRA and HSA options
- Employee Stock Purchase Plans
- Time off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Pet Insurance
- Adoption Assistance
- Annual Merit Increases
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.