At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Develops, codes, tests, debugs, documents maintains, modifies and installs programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide technical advice, code reviews and assistance to other programmers.
- With limited supervision, prepare test plans and/or detailed technical specifications from which programs will be written, they may be highly complex.
- Write programs that interface with external systems and equipment.
- Develop/ maintain computer programs to store, locate, and retrieve specific documents, data and information.
- Write programs that involve multiple, complex screens, interfaces, tables and outputs.
- Write complex, optimized data extracts, updates and interfaces.
- Design and code basic screen functionality.
- Interface with functional specialists to ensure solution design and integrity.
- Understanding of complex table joins and advanced programming concepts.
- Solid understanding of functional integration points, entity relationships and module flows.
- Devise sample input data to test accuracy of program.
- Resolve questions of program intent, input data acquisition, time sharing, output requirements, coding use and modification, and inclusion of internal checks/code reviews for system integrity.
- Observe or runs test of program using sample or actual data, assist in user acceptance training.
- Participate in the roll out and on time delivery of developed applications.
- Maintain a working knowledge of advancing technologies. Identify applicable solutions and implement with existing networks when appropriate.
- Work seamlessly with all IT Teams to ensure high standard of IT support at all levels.
- Maintain and develop documentation for responsible area. Prepare and provide status updates of assigned project plans and schedules.
- Maintain positive relations with all employees encouraging them to suggest ways of improving IT systems. Recommend/conduct training.
- Organize verbal and written ideas clearly, use appropriate business style.
- Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
- Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management.
- Offer new ideas and suggestions for improvement. Identify and implement new practices and processes that are “best in field”.
- Exchange knowledge and information with other Jabil facilities to ensure best practices are shared throughout the Jabil organization while maintaining discretion and confidentiality in all areas pertaining to data and proprietary information, whether internal to Jabil or customer specific.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure with constantly changing priorities and deadlines.
- Must be proficient and knowledgeable in all areas related to the IT department functions.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
- Provide support to all Safety, Health and Environment (EHS) programs and initiatives in order to support our zero-accident culture.
- Proficient in C# programming language, .Net / .NetCore / MVC / Web API
- Strong background in SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS, Angular and HTML required
- Understanding of database structures and fluency in SQL for data querying and manipulation
- Documentation skills, including clear code comments, technical specifications, test cases
- Knowledge on SLDC, Agile/Scrum methodology, Test Plans, UAT
- Teamwork skills with a problem-solving attitude
- The ability to work independently and efficiently
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 4+ years' application development experience
- Fluent English, both in speaking and writing
- Regular business hours. Some additional hours may be required.
- Travel requirements: Domestic and/or Global, up to 10%
- Climate controlled office environment during normal business hours.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.