At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create functional and/or Workcell specific orientation plans, in conjunction with leadership, which support new employees in the business and conduct the training as scheduled for new and existing employees effectively using adult learning principles to maximize effectiveness of training principles in a professional manner.
- Identify training needs within the organization, ensure consistency with current business practices and relevancy to actual job tasks to ensure development of these competencies and provide coaching and follow up to all learning events.
- Identify critical skills associated with each functional or Workcell managerial position.
- Provide team development support to functional and Workcell teams.
- Partner and involve organizational leadership in the facilitation of curriculum
- Partner with functional teams to identify voids in training and provide recommendation on training solutions.
- Develop Behavior Based Quality (BBQ) training materials and programs
- Select or develop new training and QMS Course material, instructional methods, training aids, manuals, and other materials.
- Conduct annual employee refresher training and assess employee skill competencies using a prepared checklist.
- Assess organizational effectiveness and develop improvement plans.
- Complete administrative functions relating to training classes and department functions, including but not limited to creating and maintaining metrics reporting and producing and maintaining training records following established administrative procedures.
- Input appropriate data into training records. These records should include but not be limited to, documentation of actual training, tests scores, certification and re-certification processes etc.
- Maintain training records in training database with 100% accuracy.
- Deliver Professional classroom training and work on manufacturing production floor when necessary to complete training activities.
- Develop lesson plans and instructor notes to meet needs of learners.
- Design handouts and class materials (Quizzes/tests/hands-on assessments, Evaluation forms) to support training.
- Continue to develop and demonstrate effective instructor competencies.
- Recommend effective training solutions
- Create and implement effective evaluation tools to measure effectiveness of training
- Complete all assigned tasks timely and in a superior quality manner.
- Follow and comply with ISO, department and company policies and procedures.
- Support all company safety and quality programs and initiatives, including Lean Six Sigma Bronze Certification.
- Complete assigned tasks on time and in a quality and professional manner.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by manager.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Strong computer skills. Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
- Frequent sitting, standing, and walking with occasional lifting of up to 25 lbs..
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field preferred; and one to three years experience in Training capacity; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
- Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
- Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages
- Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is frequently required to walk, and to lift and carry PC’s and test equipment, documents weighing up to 25lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and use of computer monitor screens a great deal of time.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Maintain a professional demeanor. Individual’s primary workstation is located in the office area. The noise level in this environment ranges from low to moderate.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.