At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Determines appropriate Inspection processes and directs IQC personnel, where applicable, in executing day to day activities. Leads containment and resolution of supplier quality issues with the manufacturers and communicate status on non-conforming parts/suppliers across all programs. Evaluates supplier performance, drives supplier improvements and corrective actions through the SCAR process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Defines, develops and implements Supply base strategies that drive improvements is supplier selection, development, and leverage across customer programs for quality improvements and cost savings.
- Provides regular updates to Quality Engineering Manager on the execution of the strategy.
- Provides support for NPI activities by participation in the AQP process as required
- Ensures that all production critical supplier issues are resolved in a timely manner, and corrective actions are implemented.
- Defines and develops the appropriate Inspection Plans and Inspection Methods, directs Receiving Inspection Auditors
- Defines and develops the inspection processes via inspection aids and instruction guidelines.
- Ensuring ongoing site supplier evaluation is performed. This would be achieved by using site information collected from Receiving Inspection, MRB, Customer Returns, SCAR database and by liaison efforts with customer work cells. Performance will be reported internally, to the supplier, and to the customer where applicable.
- Monitors and drives PPM issues with the supply base in addition to helping them achieve “Dock to Stock” certified with Jabil (in accordance to the vendor performance system).
- Reviews all supplier discrepancies. Coordinates and tracks the corrective/preventative action effort.
- Proactively communicate information or issues that may impact the product costs or manufacturability to all affected departments.
- Provides insight and assistance of implementing and maintaining Process Improvement and Optimization concentrating on proactive methodologies with the supply base.
- Leads SCAR – Supplier Corrective/Preventive Action process for problem resolution and continuous improvement, including critical analysis of supplier DOE, CPK, Gauge R&R studies
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
- Site RoHS subject Matter Expert
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: Quality Manager
- Job is not directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
- Strong electro / mechanical background desired; knowledge of plastic injection molding & tooling, metal stampings & tooling, metal fabrication, machining and various electrical components, connectors, PCB & PCBA, cable assembly, full assembly integration etc.
- Able to read and interpret mechanical drawings (6 sigma training desired).
- Good skills in MS excel, word, power point, visio, and project.
- Understanding of the quality system, medical and commercial regulatory requirements and how they relate to the business.
- Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree required, Bachelor’s degree in Engineering preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in Quality or Manufacturing Engineering
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.