At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Under limited supervision, makes intricate tools, jogs, fixtures, punches, molds, gauges and dies to closest tolerances. Works from drawings, sketches, models or instructions. Plans work to be done by most economical method, utilizing proper machines. May assign machining of parts to machinists and make sketches for own or other’s use in making parts of subassemblies.
May assist Supervisor in the scheduling of work and provide direction to other staff members, serving as group leader on projects when required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Constructs and repairs machine shop tools, gauges, fixtures, jigs or dies for use within the establishment.
· Performs assignments that range from the use of ordinary tool room operations to performing work involving accurate relationships and extremely close tolerances.
· Plans construction procedures and methods, selecting the proper materials.
· Makes allowances for shrinkage during the heat treating of tools and metal flow in dies.
· Lays out, fabricates and assembles metalworking dies, molds, and machine tool fixtures by analyzing blueprints, sketches, models and engineering or shop specification.
· Uses a variety of machinist’s hand tools and precision measuring instruments.
· Computes dimensions; determines machining and material or parts required.
· Performs precision work to exacting tolerances and dimensions.
· Recommends revisions in design and/or substitutions in material based on “machine-ability” or fabrication problems encountered.
· Solves problems relating to unusual material, work-holding arrangements, machine settings, fabrication methods, and production process.
· Monitors and verifies quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures.
· May provide guidance to lower level toolmakers.
· Supports all company safety and quality programs and initiatives.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Ability to read and write English and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, procedure manuals, and blueprints.
· Ability to perform basic math and interpret and executive work instructions.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.