At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Operational SME I within Digital Factory will be responsible for planning, designing, implementing, and managing; integrated, production and service delivery systems that assure performance, reliability, maintainability, schedule adherence and cost control within the production site. The Operational SME I will adopt as its goal’s profitability, effectiveness, adaptability, responsiveness, quality, and the continuous improvement of improvement of Manufacturing and Engineering systems and processes throughout their life cycles.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Site project leader – direct and implement projects that will eliminate waste and drive best practice at sites, with consideration of standard DF application adoption.
· Critically evaluate new requirements from Site for DF Applications / Manufacturing Processes.
· Verify site requirements versus global standards.
· Lead as Site Subject Matter Expert in all global & regional DF systems and applications (JEMSmm, JEMSpd, Valor, Test Expert, MES etc)
· Lead as Site Subject Matter Expert in all DF practices
· Communicate to regional team key Digital Factory & Manufacturing metrics for assigned customer(s) and Site
· Drive the standardization SAP and Manufacturing Execution System configurations
· Support & Advise Business Unit Coordinators on process reliability and accuracy of process and project assumptions
· Drive process improvement related activities for DF application enhancements / process improvements.
· Coach, mentor, and train DF application user base at the site.
· Support and/or maintain configuration data related to DF applications.
· Ensure the standardization of Jabil processes throughout the site in accordance with the global, regional and site direction
· Communicate, consult, and inform Site DF best practices with supporting data to Regional and Global DF teams
· Support the Lean organization by developing a solid process foundation and data integrity in order to support process improvement through the organization
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
· Typically reports to Site Functional Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: Regional Manufacturing
Manager, – may also report to Regional Process Engineering Manager
· Job is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
· Key Requirements:
o Understanding and application of broad range of Digital Factory Applications (i.e. JEMSmm, JEMSpd, JEMScc, Valor, MES, iFactory)
o Understanding of Jabil’s global strategies and direction
o Understanding of site’s capabilities and how they tie back to the Jabil strategies and direction
o Strong financial and analytical ability:
§ Planning § Delivery o Proven record of accomplishment of successful change management accomplishments, implementing and management continuous improvements and cost reduction programs o Strong communication skills · Knowledge and understanding of Health and Safety standards & requirements · Understanding of Quality Systems applied to internal manufacturing processes · Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Project, and AutoCAD skills required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Degree in Industrial, Process or Manufacturing Engineering required (will consider other candidates that meet work experience criteria)
· MS in Process or Industrial Engineering or MBA preferred
· Lean Silver Certificate or Six Sigma Black Belt preferred
· Minimum 8 years of working experience in the Manufacturing or related field
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.