At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Troubleshooting, repair and maintenance of electronic, mechanical and PLC controlled as‐ sembly equipment. Work with projects; taking interest on Safety, Quality, Productivity and teamwork. Must be oriented toward prevention.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Repairs and maintains in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operating manu‐ als, and manufacturers specifications, all production machinery and the sec‐ ondary equipment.
- Troubleshoots and assists in problem solving situations relating to machinery and related equipment. Performs preventive maintenance to manufacturing equipment in accordance with established schedule as deemed proper by the supervisor.
- Maintains daily communication with Manufacturing Supervisor and Maintenance Manager to identify and solve problems related to machinery and its secondary equipment.
- Works with the Maintenance Manager, Maintenance Group Leader, Manufacturing Supervisors and/or Process personnel to identify and prepare proposals to make improvements on the process and/or manufacturing equipment.
- Maintains good relations and assist co-workers in problem solving situations that may affect their job performance. Installs and sets up new machines and equipment with the adequate support.
- Troubleshoots with PLC and ladder logic monitoring.
- Trains operators in the best use of the equipment and machines Lubricates and cleans parts and machinery as required.
- Assists in the proper installation of all electrical wiring, and hydraulic or pneu‐ matic connections.
- Maintains spare parts stock and makes requisitions as required May suggest ideas and procedures that result in cost reduction, such as de‐ signs and installation of process modifications to machinery and secondary equipment Works projects together with Engineers May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Knowledge of PLC, pneumatic, hydraulic and sensors
- Recognizing the existence of problems Analyzing problems and opportunities
- Inter-personal relationship
- Work with minimum supervision
- Communication skills
- Team player
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Electronics Technician, Mechanical Technician or Associate/Bachelors Degree in Eng. Technology
- Three or more year’s experience with automation assembly equipment or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.