At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
The apprentice toolmaker performs routine Toolroom assignments under close supervision, in line with health & safety, operational, quality and work instructions, procedures and policies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To complete toolmaker apprenticeship, completing all seven phases both in tool room and in class room based training in educational Training Board (formally FÁS).
- Support qualified tool maker in performing precision work to exacting tolerances and dimensions.
- Assist in interpreting drawings, evaluating machining methods on assignments and assist qualified toolmakers in the operation and setup of tool room equipment.
- Support in maintenance of accurate computerised records as part of the company’s preventive maintenance program.
- Contribute to the spare parts inventory system through assigning of all parts used and scheduled stocktakes.
- Observe all health and safety requirements including LOTO procedures and maintain any work area in a neat and orderly condition.
- Support all company safety and quality programs and initiatives.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with GMP in all practices, recording of events and processes.
- Ensure compliance with all learnings from all GMP training events
- Other responsibilities may be assigned from time to time as needed, based on the evolution of the company and the requirements of the department/position.
- Good manual dexterity
- A meticulous attention to detail
- A basic level in computer literacy
- An enthusiastic approach to learning
- Ideally some experience in metal work
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.