At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
The purpose of the job is to design automation engineering projects in the area of assignment, e.g., mechanical, electrical, electronics, software application. The Sr. Automation Design Engineer reviews and analyzes project requirements, specification, plan, design and installation. Position is responsible for design of automation equipment to ensure stipulated specification and requirements are met, and delivered within budget and on time. Position supports Lead Engineer of respective area in design of automation equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Designs automation equipment in respective areas of expertise, e.g., Mechanical, Electronics, Electrical, or Software Application.
· Works closely with Project Manager/Engineer to meet project time line and within budget.
· Reviews, understands and interprets requirements/specification accurately for integration into design of equipment.
· Ensures design for manufacturability.
· Acts as liaison with internal and/or external Assemblers/manufacturer of equipment to ensure all parts are manufactured to the design.
· Generates design drawings, installation manual, and user manual.
· Ensures all engineering times are logged into tracking system correspondent to the projects.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Advanced knowledge of mechanical/electronics/electrical/software application engineering.
· Advanced knowledge of EMS industries.
· Advanced knowledge of automation equipment assembly and installation.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· B.Sc. in Mechanical or Electronics/Electrical Engineering.
· Minimum 5- 7 years experiences in automation equipment design and installation.
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.