At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
The Manufacturing Engineering Subject Matter Expert (SME IV) is required to be an expert in more than 1 process area. This individual will be able to provide DFM and NPI support. They will have the ability to handle customers and site by providing expert advice. In addition, this individual must be able to lead technical issues and resolve them with technical, design and statistical analysis.
The Manufacturing Engineering Subject Matter Expert (SME IV) is responsible for the implementation, support, training, and troubleshooting for the process being assigned in their facility. This position is assigned to an individual who has extensive experience with the process, and is already considered to be the “Specialist” of the process. This individual is responsible for ensuring excellence on the assigned manufacturing process, as determined by the Manufacturing Engineering Manager. They will provide expert advice when there is urgent need due to high defect rates and ensure that the process (that is the responsibility of the SME) is well in control and delivering the highest possible yields.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Serve as the functional expert for manufacturing area assigned.
· Support other Engineers in questions may arise and help resolve them..
· Coordinate and facilitate training for the plant in terms of new hires, new functionality, and upgrades.
· Track and communicate all changes/enhancements to existing process, including upgrades to process.
· Provide support to the users and the department SME’s.
· Ensuring the established process is followed diligently
· Work with EOS Domain Experts ME’s to implement Jabil best practices in the site.
· Carry out methodical machine and process evaluations.
· Maintain and develop documentation for responsible area.
· Participate in the exchange of ideas and information within the department.
· Support Site when there is audits and customer visits
· Provide regular updates to appropriate managers.
· Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes (i.e. elimination of non-value added factors.
· Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management.
· Offer new ideas and suggestions for improvement. Identify and implement new practices and processes that are “best in field”.
· Ensure 100% adherence to all company policies and procedures (i.e. Health, Safety and Quality)
· Maintain discretion and confidentiality in all areas pertaining to data and proprietary information, whether internal to Jabil or customer specific.
· Understand and embrace the operations aspirations.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Demonstrated Hands-on experience in the required process.
· Advanced Knowledge in the area that is being assigned.
· Relentless in exploring new and latest methods in improving assembly techniques.
· Lead Process and Equipment Evaluation aligned to the needs of Site as assigned by the ME Manager.
· Knowledge in Basic Statistics and knowledge of carrying a DOE is a plus.
· Understanding of DFM/A, FMEA and IPC requirements.
· Able to write technical reports for the Site.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.