Process Engineering Lead
Req ID: J2343923-IL
At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
The Process Engineering Lead is responsible for supervising the technical plastic processing team to support validation and efficient production processes. This is a " hands-on" role, which will require time in the shop.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following:
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES-
- Recruitment and Retention; Employee and Team Development; Performance Management; Communication
FUNCTIONAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES -
- Business Strategy and Direction, including develop an understanding of plastic processing strategy as they pertain to site Manufacturing; Drive the team to achieve daily / weekly / monthly goal, and review documentation for accuracy
In This Role You Will:
- Provide daily direction to the technical processing team
- Oversee the plastic injection process development
- Minimize scrap / waste
- Review and analyze operational reports to determine causes of nonconformity
- Implement and validate operating methods and procedures designed to eliminate operating problems and improve product quality
- Consult with cross functional teams to drive modifications toward production and quality improvements
- Monitor the quality system to recognize and repair repetitive problems immediately
- Supervise validation activities and establish priorities to maintain effective operations and control costs
- Oversee the mold and equipment validations and qualifications process
- Quality investigations leading to root cause solutions
- Be responsible for continuous operational and procedural improvements
- Verify that only current, accurate, and authorized documentation is available to technical staff
- Assist with production, maintenance, and quality activities to maintain optimum production, and utilization of human resources, machines, and equipment.
- Coordinate and distribute required information as required to ensure efficient process flow
- Sustain the 5S process
- Ensure that team members read, understand, and adhere to appropriate policies and procedures
- Ensure proper stocking and availability of supplies and equipment
- Conduct daily shift meetings
- Timely disposition of MRB
- Kronos timecard administration, Review and disposition deviations
- Review daily schedules and communicate status and assist in resolving quality and compliance concerns
JOB QUALIFICATONS/ KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with a minimum of two years of hands -on plastic processing and leadership experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.