At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
The PCN (Product Change Notification) Engineer is responsible for managing the PCN’s, as well as ensuring coordination and driving workcell members to fully implement the change. Analyze all of PCN’s from supplier, in order to confirm and/or judge whether to submit the result to our customer that is base on change type and AMPL (Approved Manufacturer Part List) rule. Responsible for coordinating the internal risk review and to ensure internal system, process, and documents will be updated to accommodate the changes; according to the defined process and the validated evidences, ensure PCN’s to be solved well.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Analyze all of PCN’s from supplier (e.g., IHS); in order to confirm and/or judge whether submit the result to our customer that is base on change type and AMPL (Approved Manufacturer Part List) rule.
· Drive the internal change process and keep PCN’s tracking.
· Confirm the potential affected workcell to implement the change.
· Compare AMPL rule and to decide whether inform our customer.
· Follow up the buyers submit PCN’s to get customer’s approval.
· Follow up the internal team to define LTB (Last Time Buy) if necessary.
· Coordinate the internal risk review.
· Interface when customers audit the PCN’s.
· Provide on-job training and instructions to Technicians.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Proficient and knowledgeable in all areas related to the Engineering background.
· Proficient and knowledgeable in Quality System.
· Ability to work under tight deadlines and frequently change the priority.
· Must have excellent analytical skills.
· Strong and convincing communication skills.
· Possess excellent interpersonal.
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.