At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
***This role carries a $5K sign-on bonus!!!***
Working under limited supervision, performs a variety of semi-routine assignments by following established procedures. Is able to recognize the occasional need to deviate from accepted practice to resolve problem.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Follows established procedures on routine assignments; receives instructions on new assignments; completing assignments the following areas:
· Train and coordinates activities of machine operators or MA’s in the maintenance of production equipment.
· Troubleshoot to determine problems in non-functioning electro-mechanical equipment used in the manufacturing process.
· Dismantle, adjusts, repairs and assembles equipment according to layout plans, blueprints, operating or repair manual, rough sketches or drawings.
· Uses test and diagnostic equipment to perform checkouts.
· Rebuilds manufacturing equipment as required.
· Perform scheduled preventive maintenance. Document maintenance as per program designation.
· Move or assist in the movement and installation of equipment.
· Calibrate equipment using general and special purpose test equipment.
· May be required to source equipment parts.
· May be required to work overtime or be on-call.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Knowledge of company policies and procedures to complete assigned tasks.
· Must be able to read, write and communicate in English. Must be able to effectively communicate with technical support services.
· Use of basic and special purpose hand tools, leveling instruments, and test/calibration equipment.
· Must be able to troubleshoot all failures that are detectable at the IO level.
· Basic mathematics.
· May require forklift certification.
· Understanding of electronic color codes and other component value markings.
· Understanding of safety practices requirements.
· Solid knowledge of specialized maintenance tracking programs.
· Personal computer operation in a Windows environment (Excel, Word and PowerPoint and e-mail).
· Use of specialized maintenance tracking programs.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Associates degree preferred in Electrical Engineering Technology, Mechanical Engineering Technology or Mechatronics, or equivalent discipline.
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
· Two to five years prior work experience in PMs and repairs of electro-mechanical equipment in a manufacturing environment required.
· Ability to read electrical and pneumatic schematics
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.