At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Responsible for inspecting products at various stages of the production process to maintain quality and reliability of products in accordance with required quality plans. Work with Quality Supervisor/Manager, Shift Supervisor, and other Inspectors as well as manufacturing personnel to maintain quality conformance on all parts. Use various measuring devices to ensure compliance with specifications. Accepts, rejects, or reworks defective or malfunctioning parts. May perform visual, dimensional, mechanical, precision mechanical, functional, or electrical inspection of parts, assemblies, or final product in all stages of the production process (incoming, in-process and final inspection).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Under general supervision, performs visual, mechanical, dimensional, or functional inspection of raw materials, parts, assemblies, or final product in the production & assembly process.
- Performs inspection tasks involving the use of a wide variety of test instruments, precision measuring devices and electronic equipment to ensure compliance of parts and product with established specifications.
- Works from written and verbal instructions, procedures, blueprints, diagrams, statistical processes, or other control procedures. Select products for inspection at specified stages in production process and performs visual inspection for variety of defects such as splay, contamination, gross flash, non-fills, short shots, color variation, voids, and grease/oil. Verifies packaging quality and integrity.
- Responsible for reviewing device history records (DHR) for completeness and accuracy.
- Identifies workmanship and material defects. Determines acceptability and identifies and recommends disposition of defective items in accordance with established procedures, referring only exception cases to the Quality Supervisor.
- Perform label verifications.
- Record all start up in-process inspection results and maintain ongoing verbal and written communications with other inspectors, packers, operators, molding technicians, and supervisors to ensure product quality.
- Maintains required documentation and records. Responsible for process documentation verification (cycle checklists, lot change summary, line clearance, etc.).
- Notify appropriate plant employees and request technical support when appropriate.
- Performs bar code transactions using Nypro Worldwide Bar Code System.
- Conducts, documents, and reports on process audits of assembly/molding processes including cart audits and warehouse audits.
- May be asked to handle requests such as process capability studies, first article inspections, protocols, validations, collecting and sorting product sample requests and other special inspections.
- Supports all company safety and quality programs and initiatives.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned from time to time as needed, based on the evolution of the company and the requirements of the department/position.
§ High School degree or GED certificate and some experience in injection molding, precision metrology, machine shop operations or similar industry/environment.
§ Moderate physical effort involving lifting of boxes.
§ Must have visual acuity of at least corrected 20/40 near vision with both eyes. May have mild deficiency or better in color vision.
§ Ability to read and write English and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Requires use of simple arithmetic (addition, multiplication, calculate averages), fixed and adjustable measuring instruments, simple use of charts, maintaining and understand records.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Computer Skills required.
Good Communication skills required.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.