Commercial Finance Manager
Req ID: J2347734-SGA
At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
The Commercial Finance Manager delivers the execution of the activities in support of business, supply chain and operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Being that the Commercial Finance Manager role is an essential part to the organization and as it drives a huge impact to business performance, providing a track record of delivery and proven experience is required.
· Play proactive role in providing financial advice and assistance on business issues.
· Using your knowledge of the business environment, provide an independent evaluation of financial forecast, and assessment of financial risk or opportunities.
· Support and monitor business opportunities by review of quoting and business proposals.
· Drive improvement in Core Operating Income and working capital metrics. Understand key drivers of both income and working capital to help maximize benefits to Jabil.
· Actively engage and contribute to current quarter operating metrics and also in long term planning & strategy.
· Working closely with the Plant Finance Controller and Operational teams review operational metrics and KPIs to ensure manufacturing performance is measured appropriately for each respective business and product group.
· Monitor initiatives in support of achievement of the Long Term Plan and Annual Operating Plan.
· Support Supply chain development management on initiatives that improve company material margin and working capital.
· Constantly seeking to value-add to current process, information system, and business growth
· Support the Business Planning, budgeting/ forecasting and actual financial performance process.
· Identify and challenge cost structures providing modeling support to the business and operational teams in identifying and delivering opportunities to reduce the cost.
· Creation of the business case financial model, undertaking sensitivity analysis.
· Provide commercial support and expertise to other team members.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Provide financial and commercial oversight & guidance for the execution of the contract terms with customers.
· Decision support analysis of underlying data to support negotiating of commercial terms of contractual / vendor relationships.
· Introduce and follow processes to ensure key financial and business controls are established on an efficient and effective basis.
· Highly collaborative and frequent interaction with Business and operational groups in addition to other functional groups across finance.
· Provide financial training and support to BUMS, Functional and Ops Managers as required with a focus on financial targets, metrics and variance understanding and analysis.
· Ensure all aspects of the business are being reviewed to prevent liability exposure, to ensure all costs are being recovered from customer, and to eliminate cost gaps.
· Strong commercial acumen.
· Ability to work in a high pressure environment, make quick and effective decisions, and direct others.
· Excellent analytical skills to understand business drivers and interpret financial results.
· Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate effectively at all levels, get key messages across succinctly and work with others.
· Proven track record in demonstrating accountability and ownership, proactive approach.
· Strong influencing skills to persuade management that your conclusions are correct and obtain their buy-in.
· Strong reporting skills, display key information and convey messages clearly, concisely and with impact.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor’s degree required.
· Basic knowledge of US GAAP and SOX requirement.
· Min 5 years related experience.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.