Supply Chain Project Manager
Req ID: J2348556-IL
At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
The Supply Chain Project Manager II serves as a point of contact for Supply Chain activities for assigned design initiatives. This role, in conjunction with other assigned SCPM's, is responsible for the Supply Chain deliverables identified in the Product Lifecycle Quality Process (PLCQ). This position includes situational analysis, strategy development, guidance and implementation for the functional disciplines of supply chain development, procurement, and logistics. These strategies should support the individual program's needs and be complementary to Jabil's overall Supply Chain Management goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Responsible for supporting Supply Chain deliverables identified in the Product Lifecycle Quality Process (PLCQ), acting as primary Supply Chain liason between Supply Chain, Design, BU and Customer
· Performs situational analysis and implementation for the functional disciplines of supply chain development, procurement, and logistics
· Lead full electronic BOM sample and mass production pricing at each design milestone and assist in identifying and resolving/explaining cost differences
· Leads electronic cost estimating on a variety of custom parts
· Coordinates of Supply Chain activities for all phases of PLCQ execution
· Responsible for placing Purchase Orders at supplier to support the needs of the design team and prototype builds
· Coordinate with the purchasing community to ensure pricing implementation that increase the efficiency of Jabil’s global price administration process and allow Jabil to stay in front of our competition from a supply chain management standpoint.
· Forge successful relationships with the purchasing community and suppliers to work and apply new negotiated prices
· Helps identify and qualify suppliers for custom part requirements including facilitation of feasibility reviews with design engineering and the supplier
· Coordinate within Supply Chain and Purchasing actions to address supply chain problems.
· Negotiating favorable pricing, payment terms, and advanced supply chain optimization programs such as supplier-owned inventory, Just-in-Time delivery schedules, reduced lead times and cancellation terms, return privileges, and EDI/SIS demand communication with key suppliers falling outside JABIL'S strategic supplier base
· Develop review materials required for Project Management updates
· In collaboration with Commodity Management, leads management of effort to obtain full commodity and sourcing control of BOM and AVL in the design phase
· Through early design involvement and qualification of alternate suppliers on existing products, promotes the use of Jabil's Strategic Suppliers
· Executes Jabil's Early Supplier Involvement program
· Help to identify and implement process improvements
· Comply, follow and enforce all the procedures within the company
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
· Bachelor’s degree, preferably in electronics or equivalent eduction, training or experience
· Three to five years business experience within Supply Chain
· Knowledge or experience working with budgets as well as project management skills including scheduling and resource allocation forecasting.
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s SCM software packages
· Proficient knowledge of various software applications including Excel, Word, PowerPoint
· Ability to read, analyze, interpret and communicate regarding common scientific and/or technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents
· Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community
· Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors. Ability to read and speak English
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
· Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.