At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
The automation engineer supports operations, engineering, and program management, including:
· coordination of planning
· resource management
· progress reporting; and
· technical leadership for customer manufacturing programs.
The automation engineer focuses particularly on plant systems and automated assembly/packaging equipment, while ensuring the applicable technical, quality, and safety requirements of the site are being met.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Provide input and oversight for the development and review of packaging and assembly automation, for medical device manufacturing.
· Develops requirement specifications, system concepts, and machine layouts.
· Provide engineering oversight of equipment installation, as well as handoff to production, within the prescribed timeline and budget.
· Facilitate communication between departments, by conducting meetings, and providing status updates.
· Lead continuous improvement (CI) projects on existing manufacturing equipment to achieve efficiency, quality, and/or cost improvements.
· Serves as technical interface with customers, as designated.
· Work with manufacturing to trouble-shoot problems, upgrades, retrofits, set-ups, methods development, and the development of process parameters.
· Conduct engineering studies and design other testing requirements, as needed.
· Perform equipment validation/process testing, as needed.
· Engage in procurement, cost tracking, and budget forecasting for equipment projects.
· Develop operating procedures (SOP’s), maintenance instructions, and training content for equipment.
· Perform sustaining/reliability engineering within the manufacturing operation, as needed.
· Contribute to process development, root cause analysis and systematic problem solving.
· Support applicable safety and quality standards.
· Thorough understanding of engineering principals, tools and processes.
· Ability to interpret mechanical drawings, electrical schematics, and controls systems diagrams, in order to test and troubleshoot automated equipment.
· Knowledge of cGMP principals, to include validation and documentation requirements.
· Knowledge of equipment and facility safety standards, as related to the engineering role.
· General knowledge of controls systems and assembly processes, as related to the manufacturing/equipment engineering role.
· Computer Aided Drawing (CAD) software proficiency, preferred.
· Understanding of basic statistical analysis tools & techniques.
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
· BS, Engineering, Science, or equivalent.
· 5+ Years of related Engineering experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training &/or experience.
· Experience as project lead for a new product, process, or equipment implementation within a highly regulated manufacturing environment.
· Experience with the troubleshooting &/or programming of control systems, including PLC, preferred.
· Experience with AGV/AMR (autonomous vehicles/robots), warehouse automation, and/or material handling systems, beneficial but not required.
· Technical writing experience, including protocols and procedures, preferred.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.