Business Development Manager, Electronic Components
Req ID: J2349573-SGA
At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Responsible for winning new (electronic components) business and expanding the existing business throughout manufacturing plants within the U.S.
This role can be based remotely anywhere in the U.S. Travel will be required (up to 50% or so).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Review Customer documentation
· Business plans, manufacturing agreements and contracts.
· PO terms and conditions, LOA’s and LOI’s, etc.
· Provide guidance in contract negotiation.
· Monitor customer satisfaction, service awards and workcell achievements.
Operational Guidance and Input
· Assess, Guide and Advise On Plant Loading and Capacity Conflicts.
· Provide Input On Manufacturing Requirements.
Sales and New Business Unit Support
· Assist in targeting customers and industries appropriate for Jabil.
· Establish customer contacts at the appropriate levels.
· Support business development activities: quotes, customer visits, etc.
· Monitor customer/product transfers & site expansion.
· Develop and maintain expertise in specific industry sector.
· Develop specific plans for each factory together with BUD’s, sales team and operations.
· Assess need for design, NPI, SI and DF capabilities.
· Develop current and future business expectations and drive within organization.
· Lead and participate in quarterly reviews at each site.
· Support sales effort of BUD’s, BUM’s, corporate staff and sales organization.
· Keep corporate management informed of changing market conditions within region.
· Clearly understand all operational elements of Jabil’s Business.
· Provide innovative global solutions to customer needs.
· Provide and encourage competitive information feedback on submitted customer quotes.
· Assist with integration of mergers and acquisition activities into mainstream.
· Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet, and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively; making customer issues a priority.
· Exchange knowledge and information with other Jabil facilities to ensure best practices are shared throughout the Jabil organization.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Ability to read, analyze, interpret and communicate regarding common scientific and/or technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
· Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
· Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
· Ability to tailor advanced quality tools training to all levels of the organization.
· Multilingual a plus.
· Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
· Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
· Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
· Strong knowledge of global and regional logistics operations and industry.
· Strong proficiency in determining logistics requirements to enable company’s business goals and objectives with ability to devise and implement strategy to achieve targets.
· Strong financial and analytical ability.
· Proficiency in managing business analytics to determine optimum company footprint.
· Strong knowledge of international direct and indirect taxes as well as global customs regimes.
· Proven track record of successful change management accomplishments, implementing and management continuous productivity and cost reduction programs.
· Strong and convincing communication skills.
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
· Willingness to travel as required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor's degree from a four-year University or Technical degree preferred.
· 5+ years of relevant business development/selling electronic components experience is required.
· Or a combination of education, experience and/or training.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
The pay range for this role is $100,462 - $190,580. Job-related, non-discriminatory factors used to determine the actual offered rate include qualifications and experience, geographic location, education, external market data, and consideration of internal equity.
As part of the total rewards package, this position is eligible for a short-term incentive based on performance. In addition, Jabil offers benefits to enhance your health, wealth, and resilient self. These include medical, dental, and vision insurance plans; paid time off accruing at a rate of 3.07 hours during your first year of employment; 4 weeks of paid parental leave; in 2023, 10 company-paid holidays (8 fixed holidays and 2 optional floating holidays), subject to change yearly; 401(k) retirement plan; and employee stock purchase plan.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.