Manufacturing Engineering II
Req ID: J2349755-IL
At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Develops and implements production/processing methods and controls to meet quality standards in the most efficient manner for new and existing 3D printing and post printing processes. Monitors 3D printing and post printing processes, troubleshooting problem processes and assisting in resolving quality issues. Is the technical expert on various projects/productions jobs and processes as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· May lead the startup of new/existing projects/production jobs, optimizing cost, efficiency and quality.
· May lead the process control and maintain appropriate documentation.
· Monitor the 3D printing and post processing running in production; troubleshoot problems associated with processes and assist in resolving quality issues.
· Establish detailed processes for new product lines; document product development and changes; evaluate new product performance; and monitor new tool design.
· Debug significant complex problems in new systems, tooling and automation.
· Design major experiments to enhance processes as well as improve yields and utilization through reduced cycle and efficient set-up.
· Lead and implement major maintenance changes in process improvements; propose or specify repair alteration of automation while ensuring adequate documentation is maintained.
· Provide functional and technical mentoring to process technicians and other process engineers.
· Maintain a clean and safe work environment, supporting all company safety programs and initiatives.
· Support all company safety and quality programs and initiatives.
· Apply and support Lean Manufacturing principles.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Assist with scrap reduction projects in the manufacturing line
· Support on non-conformance and Corrective and Preventive Action (CAPA) activities
· Bachelor of Science in Electrical, Mechanical, Materials or Chemical Engineering preferred
· Three (3) to five (5) years of experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, or experience
· Background in additive manufacturing preferred.
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.