Manufacturing Engineering Intern - Molding
Req ID: J2350709-IL
At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
The Manufacturing Engineering Intern for the Molding team will work to drive standards across multiple injection molding cleanrooms in both the Clinton and Devens Jabil Healthcare facilities. This internship will be designed to simultaneously fulfill business needs, while offering ample hands-on training opportunities in injection molding engineering, including; mold design, mold construction, mold qualification, process development, troubleshooting, continuous improvement, preventative maintenance and repair.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support continuous improvement projects designed to drive standards across both Clinton and Devens Molding sites. Including but not limited to:
- Improving speed and efficiency of molding work cell changeovers.
- Identifying best practices in our Clinton and Devens facilities and implementing them across the board.
- Completion of training checklist, including hands-on work and job shadowing with Project Engineers, Tooling Engineers, Process Engineers, Manufacturing Technicians, Automation Technicians , Functional Leaders, and Site Leadership.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS / EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Actively pursuing a degree in engineering or business management.
- Basic understanding of mechanical systems, injection molding, and manufacturing.
- Aptitude for hands-on, mechanical work.
- Inquisitiveness: eagerness to learn.
- Self-motivated with good time management skills.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.