Senior Mechanical DFX Engineer
Req ID: J2351276-IL
At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Join Jabil's new Design Engineering Center!
In November 2022 Jabil officially opened its new Design Center in Wroclaw, Poland extending Jabil’s European Design Center footprint and capabilities in the areas of concept feasibility, development engineering, industrialization engineering, material technology and advanced manufacturing technology.
The 10,000 square foot Design Center will develop leading-edge technologies for multiple industries including the automotive and healthcare sectors with Jabil’s team of engineers designing some of the most innovative and complex products for the world’s leading brands. The Jabil Wroclaw Design Center with its diverse suite of capabilities will help customers innovate and bring products to market quickly and reliably.
Under little to no guidance, a VAVE Sr. Engineer is able to apply engineering theory and knowledge of component/design engineering, manufacturing processes, materials, and product assy methods as it relates to products or assemblies of basic to high complexity. Performing Design For Manufacturing / Design For Assembly / Design For Automated Assembly reviews on customers data (2D and 3D, M-BOM). Able to convey Analysis/Results obtained into presentation form to share with Internal and External Customers. Performs various activities required to evaluate an existing or conceptual product for costs and manufacturability. Communicate reported items with the internal Jabil Business Unit and/or with the customer during review meeting. In short: to analyze customers product data and provide feedback on product and process optimizations considering Jabil manufacturing process capabilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and documents results obtained from product teardown activities to understand the nature of a products assembly method, a products function, a products material, etc.
- Analyzes a part or product assembly in 3d cad and 2d drawings
- Analyzes ideas generated by product cost reduction brainstorming activities
- Validates information obtained to justify or disprove any generated cost reduction ideas
- Develops creative concepts or research to illustrate ideas
- Develops quantitative costs using Cost Estimation Tools
- Presenting VAVE results to internal and external customers
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Has a comprehensive knowledge of the various mechanical industry standards
- Has experience in various component level manufacturing processes and technologies
- Has a comprehensive knowledge of Mechanical Engineering Design specializations or competencies: Tolerance Analysis, DFM, Automated Assembly, Serviceability
- Has a comprehensive knowledge of key development tools and design standards: 3D CAD, Finite Element Analysis, Tolerances, Automated Assembly, Manufacturing Principles
- Can describe 3D modeling methodology and tools
- Has a comprehensive knowledge of cost estimation methods and tools
- Has a comprehensive knowledge of good design for assembly and automated assembly practices
- Influence others and share best practices
- Effectively communicate with good understanding of English
- Work as part of a global team
- Lead others in some aspects of technical tasks
- Assess a project and articulating risk while developing project milestones
- Develop projects in a stage-gate process (PLCQ)
- Mentors less experienced engineers
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Mechanical Engineering Degree (BSME/MSME or equivalent experience)
- 5+ years’ experience in mech design and / or verification or another key competency
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
- IWE (international welding engineer) is an asset
Work location :
On site- Wroclaw, Poland
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.