At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 250,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Lead and administrate the Workcell’s / Workcells’ Planning organization as the functional manager’s delegate. Responsible for the overall planning function in their own Workcell / Workcells.
Jabil Hachioji is a unique manufacturing site located in customer’s campus. So Hachioji site is dedicated for only one customer, Keysight Japan.
Keysight is a largest account in Jabil DX sector and we run business in Penang, San Jose and Hachioji. End product is Semiconductor test equipment so sharp fluctuation in demand and also Ultra Low-Volume-High-Mix business model.
We outsource all PCB assemblies to Jabil Penang site, and key to success for CRD/OTD performance is PCBA delivery management. Therefore, very close communication with Penang PCA team & customer is required.
Expect to lead and administrate the Workcell’s / Workcells’ Planning organization as the functional manager’s delegate. Responsible for the overall planning function and customer interface.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Responsible for driving a systematic process receive and evaluate customer demand, ensure a feasible operational plan is always in place, support the Operation’s business development effort with current and potential customers / divisions, and drive continuous improvement in key materials metrics, such as OTD, MPS performance, FG / WIP inventory and Hub level. The Workcell planning manager is in charge of overall planning Job in their WC as a delegate of site Planning Functional Manager.
· Empower all Workcell planners and coach them to champion and take ownership of the following efforts as related to their needs of the workcell.
· Reconcile the Master Production Schedule to customer purchase order coverage weekly to ensure that Jabil Circuit China is not exposed over purchase order coverage.
· Assess production schedules, revise when necessary, optimize run quantities, minimize change over and achieve 100% on time delivery.
· Update and maintain the Master Production Schedule as changes are identified in order for the MRP to reflect accurate, up-to-date information.
· Conduct regular cycle count at the production floor to maximizes inventory accuracy and minimizes disruption on the operation. Ensure Production declares the attrition of materials regularly.
· Resolve all excess issues to Production and investigate the reasons for excess issues and create systems to minimize recurrence.
· Co-ordinate and resolve outstanding materials issues with the buyers to avoid material shortages.
· Forecast proper planners’ headcount and coach high caliber staff for their Workcell.
· Develop, motivate and challenge the team members to perform their full potential, providing direct and timely feedback.
· Prepare periodic performance review of the team.
· Review all relevant policies and procedures with department members, instructing them regarding the specific instruction to their assignments. Ensure each individual’s comprehension, as well as his or her on-going support and compliance.
· Managing, monitoring and reviewing the workcell goals and objectives.
· Critical focus areas:
· Overall demand management activities for all divisions / customers and overall Workcell capacity sizing including all divisions and all stations.
· Working with site Planning Functional Manager and Workcell Global Planning Manager to develop and implement the new planning strategies for unique customer / division requirements.
· Ensures that the appropriate Master Schedule is always loaded that meets the customer requirements and minimizes Jabil liability.
· Participates in decision-making and planning to reconfigure production lines to support customer demand and planned master schedule.
· Defines and monitors key performance metrics.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Strong knowledge of global and regional logistics operations and industry.
· Strong proficiency in determining logistics requirements to enable company’s business goals and objectives with ability to devise and implement strategy to achieve targets.
· Strong financial and analytical ability. Proficiency in managing business analytics to determine optimum company footprint.
· Strong knowledge of international direct and indirect taxes as well as global customs regimes.
· Proven track record of successful change management accomplishments, implementing and management continuous productivity and cost reduction programs.
· Strong and convincing communication skills.
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· A Certification by related professional organizations (such as APICS), a bachelor’s degree in Materials Management, Business Administration, or an equivalent, or an experience in electronics manufacturing industry is a plus.
· A combination of 3-5 years of related experience in the electronics manufacturing industry; a bachelor’ degree; and 2-3 years of supervisory experience.
· Or a combination of education, experience and/or training.
Verbal communication : English and Japanese(conversational), Reading : English (and Japanese if possible), Writing : English.
Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.