Principal System Engineer
Req ID: J2354696-IL
At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
As a Principal Engineer you will have developed an expertise in a particular field of engineering or within a particular sector. You will have lead design teams through full product development and into production. As a Principal, you will be expected to demonstrate a level of expertise in a particular area that matches or exceeds the expertise of our customers. You will consult on system architectures, assess technical requirements and competencies needed during quoting and oversee design progressions during product developments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Meet the requirements of Lead Design Engineer in your respective expertise
· Will represent Jabil Design Engineering in technical customer discussions / meetings.
· Work with Project Managers in the quoting process.
· Provide technical input to help identify and solve project risks that may affect overall project plans and schedules.
· Is expected to support the development and utilization of processes for design.
· Mentoring of all engineering staff
· Stay abreast of the latest technology and techniques to provide designs that are competitive and cost effective.
· Raise perception of Jabil’s acumen in the industry by authoring or presenting papers, articles, etc.
· Should be associated with applicable industry trade groups/organizations maintaining active membership and participation.
· Work with Site Directors to define potential R&D project proposals that will help increase areas of competencies needed.
· Lead the development and implementation of platform and product architectures in collaboration with senior technical staff.
· Guide and oversee the development of system component requirements, interfaces, and specifications necessary to maintain the consistency and integrity of the architectures.
· Manage product design and documentation at a system level.
· Perform independent research and engineering studies.
· Lead remote development teams.
· Effectively consult on multiple projects in parallel.
· Develop IP Patents, Technical Publications or White Papers
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistics, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to develop mathematical models of physical reality and solve them, then implement the results.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Masters degree in Engineering from an accredited four-year college or university
· Minimum of 11-12 years of related experience and/or training
· Minimum of 2 years experience as a Lead Engineer
· Specific requirements as defined by the market sector
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.