Tooling Engineer III, IV
Req ID: J2354736-IL
At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
We are searching for a skilled tooling engineer to join our manufacturing team. The Tooling Engineer is responsible for for sustaining mold health, working with the toolroom and vendors to complete repairs, and analyzing tools for refurb activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage various aspects of commercial tooling including, but not limited to; component repair, tool related OEE, tooling analysis for repair or refurbishment
- Work with workcell managers and customers as tooling subject matter expert
- Act as a primary point of contact between the department and tooling vendors.
- Development of program driven mold specifications and solicitation of quotes from tooling vendors. Preparation of purchase requisitions and order placement within the purchasing systems.
- Provide tooling cost estimates in support of RFQ's.
- Development and maintenance of tooling construction timelines in MS Project.
- Preparation of tooling status reports for both customers and internal use.
- Assist with mold supplier evaluations for the Approved Supplier List.
- Maintain tool conformance to Jabil’s established standards.
- Work with NPI tooling engineers to develop lessons learned and support new tooling projects
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Proficiency with ProENGINEER or SolidWorks
- Design for Manufacturability in the medical injection molding field
- MS Office
- CAE experience
- Hands on experience diagnosing and resolving tooling issues
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.