Sterilization Automation Engineer
Req ID: J2354803-IL
At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Sterilization Automation Engineer position represents an Associate who has knowledge of the industrial processes and is highly proficient in electro/mechanical operations with expertise in the areas of industrial controls, including PLC programming & troubleshooting, electrical controls, and mechanical aptitudes. Will be responsible for ensuring that daily operation of irradiation units is carried out safely, efficiently and within all regulatory requirements. Responsible for providing engineering support using advanced problem-solving tools for the sterilization operations. Complete sterilization projects as required for support of manufacturing processes.
- Working experience with Allen-Bradley Programmable Logic Controllers. Able to develop programming logic and understand complex ladder logic programming. Able to troubleshoot PLC based systems.
- Working experience with Allen-Bradley Operator Interfaces and Wonderware InTouch SCADA systems.
- Working knowledge of Electrical Control Systems including sensors, pneumatic systems, servo control, VFDs, and advance motion systems.
- Working knowledge of Electrical Systems, 240VAC, 480VAC, and 24VDC. Experienced and trained in Electrical Safety, Arc Flash, and OSHA Regulations.
- Working knowledge of Oracle Databases, Servers, and IT systems.
- Lead engineering projects - manage multiple projects simultaneously, develop project timeline, coordinate internal and external resources to meet the project objectives/timelines while working with diverse group of interdepartmental and cross company functional team members.
- Proficient in process validations – Installation, Operational, Software, and Performance Qualifications.
- Experience working for an industrial irradiator operation (not required).
Minimum. Completion of a bachelor’s degree in an accredited STEM program (electrical or mechanical engineering).
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.