Mechanical Advanced Engineer, SME
Req ID: J2354842-IL
At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
As a Principal Engineer, you will be a SME (subject matter expert) in the server/storage/telecom device for mechanical system architecture provider. You could base on PRD provide a system level mechanical architecture with feasible solution concept for execution team follow up. You will be the pioneer to communicate with the BU/CTO directly to come out the best solution fulfill the customer requirement during POC/RFI/RFQ stage.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Engage core team, technical disciplines, and products. Coordinate internal and external team from proof of concept to execution. Consider the leverage plan from currently design and generate the new design and IP.
- Provide solution for mechanical, thermal and electronics layout placement based on the playbooks and best practice.
- Provide guidance and mentoring new staff member.
- Lead mechanical team in the concept and RFQ stage and provide the mechanical technical proposal.
- Lead the DTC/DTV/DTL activities and strategy for key mechanical components
- Create the burst capacity and collaborate the supplier strategy with SC.
- Lead mechanical transformation activities and create the checklist or guidance.
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public.
With ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to develop mathematical models of physical reality and solve them, then implement the results.
Cooperates with internal and external development teams and stakeholders for all mechanical concept, execution activities with minimal supervision on the most complex projects or portfolio. Could figure out the best approach and practice during the activities and create playbook or lesson learnt after that.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited four-year college or university
- Minimum of 15 years of related experience and/or training
- Regular business hours. Some additional hours may be required.
- Travel requirements: Domestic and/or Global, up to 30%
- Climate controlled office environment during normal business hours.
There are common characteristics we are looking for in the AE team:
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.