Production Supervisor (2nd Shift)
Req ID: J2354900-IL
At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Jabil is looking for an experienced Production Supervisor for our high-volume manufacturing facility in Florence, KY! This person will direct the activities of the Machine Support group while overseeing up to 80 employees. You will be responsible for maintaining production schedules and ensuring that quality standards are adhered to by the group. This is a great opportunity for an experienced manufacturing professional looking to pivot into a new industry and/or a well-established company.
2nd shift 2:30p-12a
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Recruitment and Retention:
- Recruit, interview, and hire Process Engineers, Industrial Techs, WAVE Techs, and Machine Support Techs
- Communicate criteria to recruiters for Process Engineers, Industrial Techs, WAVE Techs, and Machine Support Techs candidates.
- Coach machine support department staff in the interviewing/hiring process.
- Monitor team member turnover, identify key factors that can be improved, and make improvements.
Employee and Team Development:
- Identify individual and team strengths and development needs on an ongoing basis.
- Create and/or validate training curriculum in area of responsibility.
- Coach and mentor tooling department staff to deliver excellence to every internal and external customer.
- Create and manage succession plans for the machine shop function.
- Establish clear measurable goals and objectives by which to determine individual and team results (i.e. operational metrics, results against project timelines, training documentation, attendance records, knowledge of operational roles and responsibilities, and personal development goals).
- Solicit ongoing feedback from Workcell Manager (WCM), Business Unit Manager (BUM), peers, and team member on the PE team member’s contribution to the workcell. Provide ongoing coaching and counseling to team members based on feedback.
- Express pride in staff and encourage them to feel good about their accomplishments.
- Perform team member evaluations professionally and on time.
- Drive individuals and the team to continuously improve key operational metrics and the achievement of organizational goals.
- Coordinate activities of large teams and keep them focused in times of crises.
- Ensure recognition and rewards are managed fairly and consistently in the area of responsibility.
- Provide a communication forum for the exchange of ideas and information with the department.
- Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style.
- Ask questions; encourage input from team members.
- Assess the communication style of individual team members and adapt their communication style accordingly.
TECHNICAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees the maintenance management program including repair parts, preventative maintenance, feeder maintenance, and the support equipment maintenance program
- Plans the activities of the technical staff
- Develops and maintains all department reports/records
- Supervises the planning and execution of line moves and builds
- Schedules equipment vendors for installation, repair, and updates of equipment
- Assure that procedures and work instructions are efficient and not redundant.
- Offer new ideas and suggestions for improvement. Identify and implement new practices and processes that are “best in field.”
- Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet, and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively; making customer issues a priority.
- Lead by example; “walk the talk.”
- Utilize Jabil’s Advanced Engineering group to ensure useful support to Jabil South.
- Establish new measurement systems if/where possible.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by the supervisor.
- Comply with all procedures within the company security policy.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering preferred and/or a combination of education and experience
- 3 years of experience in production management; or equivalent combination of education and experience with emphasis on people management.
- Hands-on experience and knowledge of Surface Mount Technologies (SMT) and Thru-hole equipment/gear, process optimization, Statistical Process Control, Design for Manufacturability, Design for Test, Demand Flow Technology (line balancing), and Design of Experiment methodologies desired but not required
- Knowledge of engineering disciplines including mechanical, electrical, and industrial as it pertains to surface mount and final assembly a plus
- Must be flexible to changing priorities and be able to work overtime as needed
- Must be able to work cross-functionally and manage projects
- Bilingual in Spanish or French preferred
WHAT WE OFFER
Along with growth, stability, and the opportunity to be challenged, Jabil offers a competitive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug, and Vision Insurance with HRA and HSA options
- 401K match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Life, AD&D, and Disability Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Pet Insurance
- Adoption Assistance
- Annual Merit Increases
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.