Req ID: J2355047-IL
At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
The Lead EHS Engineer manages the establishment, implementation, and maintenance of a safe, accident-free, healthy work environment, compliant with all applicable H.S.E. regulations, company policies and procedures, and the safety statement ensuring safety objectives are implemented site-wide.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Develop and update the site safety statement and policy in partnership with plant management ensuring all employees are communicated periodically on the safety statement and policy.
· Provide direction and advice to site management in the area of Health & Safety legislation and Codes of Practice and how best to implement at site level including but not limited to, the company meetings its objectives under the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005 and the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (General Application) Regulations 2007.
· Responsible for regulatory internal reporting, internal auditing and validation of compliance activities and reporting all relevant accidents and dangerous occurrences to the HSA through the EHS Manager.
· Implementation of corporate Health & Safety systems with specific emphasis on process safety management, process hazards analysis, industrial hygiene, risk assessment, accident and injury reporting and change control.
· Develop a proactive approach to accident/incident prevention through the visual management system leading indicator (near miss / good catch reporting).
· Support the review and assessment of plant modifications. Provide technical safety input to the design and construction of new facilities including impact on automation lines and process equipment.
· Participate in pre-start up safety reviews and equipment walk-downs to identify relevant safety items and complete Health & Safety audits.
· Conduct process hazops and risk assessments. Review and update existing risk assessments.
· Establish properties for development of hazard control programs and participate in the implementation.
· Devise/update key safety programs in line with legislation/best practice and coordinate Jabil’s health & safety management system as outlined in the safety statement & corporate AIMS process.
· Assess training needs in conjunction with the Training Coordinator, source and select suitable training providers and deliver appropriate H&S training to personnel on site incl. contractors as needed. Ensure the timely delivery of mandatory regulatory health & safety training within legal timeframes.
· Ensure sufficient numbers of staff are trained and hold the positions of first aider and fire warden and monitor the systems for ensuring that fire precautions are adequate.
· Familiarity with emergency response planning, in addition to fire protection systems and ensure that a minimum of two emergency evacuations are carried out on an annual basis.
· Lead continuous improvement efforts to reduce occurrences of recordable injuries. Monitor the performance of safe systems of work and current safe operating procedures. Implement improvements as required.
· other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Excellent communication, presentation, organizational and training skills.
· Ability to interpret relevant legislation, and regulatory compliance procedures.
· Lead the company safety team where appropriate to continuously improve the company safety systems.
· Self-starter with demonstrated efficient work methods, analytical and problem solving skills and ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
· Knowledge with any of the following skills is a plus: Manual Handling Instructor, Trained VDU Assessor, Current Safe Pass card
· Actively promote and increase awareness and behaviors with regards to safe H&S practices including but not limited to staff communication sessions and other employee engagement forums.
· Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to work with all levels within the organization and third parties.
· Competent in MS Office.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.