At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 250,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Drives materials team to achieve continuous improvement in key materials metrics. Provides exceptional support to customers, team members, and shareholders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Champions the execution and deployment of Jabil’s standard planning and inventory strategies and systems with the customer where possible, and implement customized solutions where necessary within a local operations site.
· Drives a systematic process to receive, evaluate and fulfill customer demand across the business unit.
· Ensures that an achievable Master Schedule is in place to support both customer requirements and Jabil revenue projections. In developing a solid MPS, consideration should be given to materials availability, equipment capability/capacity and staffing.
· Ensures that the Master Production Schedule is loaded in alignment with customer contract(s) and liability agreements so that the materials team maintains conformance to Jabil’s “Rules of the Road.”
· Develops and supervises solid product launch plans for new business, and transition plans for products being transferred between Jabil manufacturing sites.
· Evaluates the need for buffer inventory during the transfer process.
· Ensures continuity of product supply to the Jabil manufacturing site(s), and of finished goods to the customer throughout the transfer timeframe.
· Oversees the disposition and transfer of residual inventory to the appropriate “receiving” Jabil factory.
· Generates and analyzes inventory reports for internal business unit and / or customer use.
· Assists the Business Unit Management team as required in evaluating and recovering the cost of excess / obsolete inventory.
· Recommends process and supply chain initiatives to lower inventory costs (hubbing, JIT, optimum manufacturing lot sizes, alternate transportation methodologies, etc.).
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Strong knowledge of global and regional logistics operations and industry.
· Strong proficiency in determining logistics requirements to enable company’s business goals and objectives with ability to devise and implement strategy to achieve targets.
· Strong financial and analytical ability. Proficiency in managing business analytics to determine optimum company footprint.
· Strong knowledge of international direct and indirect taxes as well as global customs regimes.
· Proven track record of successful change management accomplishments, implementing and management continuous productivity and cost reduction programs.
· Strong and convincing communication skills.
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Materials Logistics Management, or related discipline.
· Equivalent proven track record in an EMS or similar environment.
· Three years related experience.
· Equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Solid understanding of electronics manufacturing and materials management is required, as well as a proven track record in negotiation, cost reduction activities and materials planning.
· Or a combination of education, experience and/or training.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.