At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 250,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Job Summary: As a Business Development Manager (BDM) for NyproMold, your primary responsibility will be to generate new business opportunities from prospective customers who are not currently serviced through existing NyproMold relationships. You will be responsible for developing a thorough understanding of NyproMold’s value proposition, capabilities, and long term strategy to achieve business growth goals.
- Conduct market research to generate leads and identify potential business opportunities.
- Building and maintain strong relationships with customers.
- Develop specific sales action plans for target customers with goals and target dates for goal completion.
- Interface with customers to understand their needs, requirements, and expectations.
- Analyze customer projects and RFQ requests to verify they match NyproMold’s capabilities and services.
- Participate in solution development for prospective NyproMold customers.
- Identify competitors and analyze their strengths and weaknesses related to the opportunity.
- Develop total cost models for molds/projects that communicate the value of the NyproMold solution being presented. Organize customer meetings and agendas and assist with customer needs from travel to entertainment.
- Develop and present sales presentations that illustrate a strong value differentiator.
- Develop an understanding of the customer’s decision-making process and identify decision-makers at the customer.
- Assess NyproMold’s position during the critical stages of the award process and review with management to ensure the current course of action is appropriate.
- Develop a sales plan growth strategy of the newly acquired customer in collaboration with the BD/PM team.
- Identify objections as they develop, and present NyproMold's value proposition, and close deals while managing multiple contacts simultaneously.
- Provide ongoing customer service acting as primary support for new customers through the sales process, evolving into a secondary support role for the identified program manager.
- Attend trade shows and industry events, sometimes leading presentations/shows on behalf of NyproMold.
Knowledge of plastic injection molds, molding, and molding processes is preferred, or at a minimum have a strong mechanically oriented mindset to interpret customer issues and help in driving a solution to best assist in preparing quotations, presentations, and quantifying customer benefits. The BDM should also possess good organizational skills and a working knowledge of program management fundamentals, as well as the capability to use Microsoft office.
Requirements and Skills:
Knowledge of plastic injection molds, molding, and molding processes is preferred.
Strong mechanically oriented mindset to interpret customer issues and help in driving a solution.
Assist in preparing quotations, presentations, and quantifying customer benefits.
Proven sales track record.
Time management and negotiation skills.
Self-motivated, driven, competitive, persistent, goal oriented, and confident.
Bachelor's or master’s degree in a business related or engineering curriculum, with 3-6 years of experience or equivalent work experience
Travel will vary. Max 50% with possibility of overnight travel and international.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
West Coast business development experience
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.