Req ID: J2359917-IL
At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Responsible for selecting and considering strategic suppliers based on cost optimization and quality service, for materials that are specific to the Business Unit, including them to the customer´s Approved Manufacturer´s List (AML). Supervisory and training responsibility of Purchasing staff within the workcell.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Select suppliers based on overall cost and benefit including price, duty, freight, flexibility, service, performance, quality and terms and conditions.
· Monitor, track and provide feedback on suppliers' performance on overall cost, delivery, and quality.
· Communicate Jabil expectations to the suppliers. Conduct supplier audit/visits, certifications, and performance reviews to develop and continuously improve supply base.
· Understand suppliers, their capabilities, market trend and technologies for assigned commodities.
· Ensure that workcell Purchasing and Planning staff is given proper training, tools, and resources to execute their job functions.
· Supervisory and training to Staff within workcell.
· Assist hiring manager by participating in recruiting and hiring activities.
· Support, execute and provide inputs to improve Jabil SCM initiatives and strategies.
· Supervise all decisions related with components and materials acquisitions, ensuring reliable sourcing options from Approved Manufacturer´s List (AML) and convenient option for the business.
· Negotiate terms and conditions that protect the best interest of Jabil and its customers. Negotiate liability terms, special stocking arrangements, and other agreements that are outside of standard Jabil terms and conditions.
· Work with Planners and Buyers to control the stocking, tracking the excess and obsolete material.
· Work with Materials Quote Analysts to quote new and existing materials. Frequently re-quote and negotiate to capitalize on cost reduction opportunities.
· Track and control workcell metrics managed by Planners and Buyers (RTV, obsolete materials, stock material).
· Present cost and quotation proposals to BUMs.
· Analyze and project component purchase prices that accurately reflect the inventory value for a financial period in Standard Costing process.
· Optimizes overall cost of materials.
· Provide input to determine Quoted cost to the customer that is competitive yet maximizes the amount of Materials Price Variance (MPV).
· Continuously optimize MPV by reducing the cost of materials and by limiting unfavorable PPV/MPV. Work with BUM to obtain customers' authorization for additional expenses such as premiums on materials or freight and tooling charges incurred on customer's behalf.
· Develop Supply Chain strategies that are unique to customer or to Business Unit strategic materials. Understand customers' business requirements and work with Purchasing Manager and SCM to determine the best approach to meet the customer needs. Influence customer's supply chain strategies to leverage those of Jabil.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.