At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 250,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
The Category Manager is responsible for developing, executing and managing corporate sourcing initiatives for indirect and capital categories. He/She will perform complex data analysis to identify new sourcing and other cost optimization opportunities in order to generate cost savings for categories managed. Categories would include, but not limited to: (Information Technology- Hardware, Software, Licensing, Leasing, Maintenance/Support, and select Professional Services). He/She is responsible for negotiating complex/competitive programs and communicating to user departments and Sr Management the value propositions associated with Category proposals. He/She will work collaboratively with internal user departments to facilitate, optimize and execute the purchase and corporate governance of these spends categories within the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Lead ongoing category management activities within assigned scope of spend categories to achieve business objectives and benefit targets
· Drive the development of supplier and industry category profiles
· Identify and leverage clients company-wide spend opportunities
· Lead supplier selection and recommendation activities including qualitative and quantitative analysis, selection criteria, long and short lists, RFI and RFP development and analysis
· Develop & execute sourcing strategies for the highest spend, greatest complexity and most critical/strategic categories
· Drive the development of high level and detailed benefits cases
· Provide strategic guidance to profiles and Total Cost of Ownership models used to support sourcing decisions
· Develop implementation strategy, responsibility assignments, communications plans and timeline
· Lead implementation activities for categories with critical impacts to the business and internal customers
· Monitor client and supplier compliance with supplier agreements related to high spend scope area
· Develop long range sourcing plans for assigned categories to reduce total costs, optimize value from suppliers and meet internal customer requirements.
· Conduct thorough spend analysis for corporate non-saleable good and services and develop methodology/metrics and tools to track progress
· Develop best practices sourcing methodology
· Clearly define service level expectations and requirement to assess current supplier community and recommend new suppliers who can add value related to new sourcing opportunities
· Negotiate, review and execute the implementation of contractual arrangements per company policy and business objectives
· Identify and implement system solutions and bet practices that optimizes indirect sourcing and procurement work practices
· Builds relationships with key stakeholders in order to gather category requirements and specifications form departments and category experts
· Ensure the tactical execution of purchasing activities to meet routine business needs
· Drive value through innovation and collaboration with strategic suppliers and internal customers
· May perform other duties & responsibilities as assigned.
· Demonstrated Application of Project Management Skills, Supplier Performance Management, Category Strategy Development & Application, Sourcing, Supply Chain Risk Management, Contract Execution & Management, Materials Management, Negotiating & Influencing Strategy, Financial Skills.
· Detailed specific category expertise. Adept communicator (verbal, written).
· Cross functional/organizational team management & facilitation skills ( internal & external)
· Exhibits understanding of purpose for bringing out the best in people, developing internal & external relationships
· Demonstrated data analysis capability
· Technical aptitude
· Must be a strong strategic thinker and able to succinctly communicate the vision/strategy to internal customers
· Skills in conflict resolution and negotiation
· Must be a quick study, proven ability to manage change, ability to work across boundaries and borders and strong decision making.
· Strong influencing and team building skills with an ability to build consensus and engagement with key customers
· Excellent communicator, politically persuasive, demonstrated skills in collaboration, proven ability to develop direct reports.
· Strong leadership capabilities
· Ability to develop best practice sourcing methodology
· Demonstrated ability to negotiate, review and execute the implementation of contractual arrangements per company policy and business objectives
· Ability to identify and implement system solutions and best practices that optimizes indirect sourcing and procurement work practices
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word & PowerPoint) & e-mail skills required.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
He/She will support Global stakeholders and suppliers so must understand potential cultural differences during meetings, negotiations, and all interactions.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.