QT II Metrology A shift
Req ID: J2362172-IL
At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Performs measurement, calibration and validation tasks to support Quality, Engineering and Production metrology requirements.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following)
• Oversees instrument calibration system, performs measurement, GR&R and related calibration tasks.
• Inspects, measures and tests components per blueprint and Product Plan requirements or from engineering sketches, generates data summaries and reports.
• Monitors data using applicable software.
•Works with Metrology Engineer or QE to maintain and update control limits in SPC files. Create new SPC and/or PFF files as needed.
• Uses optical comparator, CMM, Vision System, caliper, micrometer, drop indicator, surface plate and other applicable measuring equipment.
• Works with Metrology Engineer, Metrology Technician, QE and Quality Manager to ensure effective development and implementation of the Product Plans.
• Supports Metrology Engineer in performing GR&R, updating data collection files and creating reports.
• Creates applicable work instructions and provides training as needed.
• Assist Metrology Engineer with Corrective and Preventive Actions.
• Reviews BHR data for correctness, accuracy, data trends and shifts.
• Participates in process validation activities.
• Works from written and verbal instructions
• Performs data entry tasks as required.
• Provides coverage for In-process inspection and testing.
• Support all company safety and quality programs and initiatives.
• Helps direct Inspectors on priorities and leads pass downs between day and night shifts.
• Other responsibilities may be assigned as needed based on the requirements of the department.
• High school diploma required
• 5+ years related experience and/or training in the metrology or inspection areas.
• Experience with typical metrology equipment such as calipers, micrometers and computer controlled gauging equipment.
• Ability to read and write English and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, and procedures.
• General knowledge of CMMs and PCDMIS software.
• Working knowledge of calibration and GRRs.
• General knowledge of process control charts, process capability studies and other statistical analysis applications.
• Ability to precisely and accurately complete documentation requirements.
• Working knowledge of computers, experience with Microsoft Office applications.
• Excellent organizational skills.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.