SME Selective Soldering
Req ID: J2362247-IL
At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
The Sr. Principal Engineer has industry recognized expertise in a particular field of engineering or within a particular sector. Accomplished in lead multiple design teams through full product development and into production, the Sr. Principal Engineer demonstrates a level of expertise in a particular area that matches the expertise of Jabil’s customers or highest level active design engineering staff. The Sr. Principal Engineer consults on product design architectures, assesses technical requirements and competencies needed during quoting, and oversees design progressions during product developments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Meets the requirements of key technology Lead Engineer in respective expertise.
· Represents Engineering Services in technical customer discussions / meetings.
· Works with Project Mgr Engineering Services in the quoting process.
· Provides technical input to help identify and solve project risks that may affect overall project plans and schedules.
· Leading from a strong experience base, the development and utilization of processes for design.
· Stays abreast of the latest technology and techniques to provide designs that are competitive, cutting edge and cost effective.
· Raises perception of Jabil’s acumen in the industry by authoring or presenting papers, articles, etc.
· Associated with applicable industry trade groups/organizations maintaining active membership and participation.
· Works with Site Directors to define potential R&D project proposals that will help increase areas of technical and process competencies needed.
· Leads the development and implementation of platform and product architectures in collaboration with senior technical staff.
· Guides and oversee the development of system component requirements, interfaces, and specifications necessary to maintain the consistency and integrity of the articulated architectures.
· Manages product design and documentation at a system and product level.
· Guides and assist Jabil business development in RFQ responses regarding new technologies, equipment, and test strategies.
· Demonstrates key leadership and perform as the key leader for local and remote development teams.
· Identifies and develops innovative solutions for enhancement of capabilities and to address capability gaps.
· Oversees laboratory personnel involved in DOE, testing and /or experimentation work.
· Leads and or/supports technology training, transfer of best practices, and integration into Jabil facilities as required.
· Effectively consults on multiple projects in parallel.
· Defines objectives of DOE, CPK analysis, Gage R&R studies, and other tools for corporate strategic projects.
· A key player in Developing IP, Patents, Technical Publications or White Papers.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistics, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply math concepts to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to develop mathematical models of physical reality and solve them, then implement the results.
Ability to apply advanced engineering mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply engineering mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Ability to work effectively under pressure with constantly changing priorities and deadlines. Individual may be required to sit, stand, walk regularly and occasionally lift up to 15 lbs. Be accessible office staff and to use required office equipment. Specific version requirements include reading of written documents and use of computer monitor screen frequently
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor’s degree, in Engineering/Masters Preferred, MBA a plus
· Minimum of 15 years (Bachelors degree)/8 years (Masters degree) of related experience and/or training
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
· Minimum Requirements for promotional consideration to this position
· Meet above minimal requirements
· Be a Principal Engineer for a minimum of one year
· Meet additional requirements based on market sector requirements
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.