At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 250,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Provides legal support to a group of Attorneys, acts as a key internal point-of-contact for the group and subject matter expert, participates in various projects and initiatives to improve resources and increase efficiencies. Stays abreast of evolving requirements to ensure proactive alignment of policies, procedures, processing, filing and other work standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Reviews and manages all incoming information and mail related to new and existing matters to determine necessary dates to docket and updates to dockets.
· Reviews outgoing filings; creates forecasts and enter next actions.
· Conducts related legal archive searches for all assigned activities.
· Maintains and reconciles various documents and records.
· Creates and maintains documens related to the attorney’s tasks and agenda, updates internal playbooks as necessary.
· Performs administrative and office support activities for multiple supervisors.
· Schedules and arranges meetings and conferences and notifies interested parties.
· Proofreads and corrects prepared materials for grammar, spelling, punctuation, format, syntax and content.
· Composes routing letters and memoranda and prepares reports and metric reports using knowledge of work area instructions and guidelines and task tracker systems.
· Other tasks and duties as assigned.
· Corresponds with requestors relating to incoming requests via emails or contract lifecycle management systems. Requests need review and comment, then triages the tasks to the appropriate attorneys based on internal playbooks.
· Manages and maintains complex matter tracker system to track the myriad of topics and deadlines.
· Opens and maintains Legal Matters in billing software.
· Reviews invoices for guideline compliance; oversight of budgets and global spend.
· Manages contract databases, smaller projects.
· Prepares contracting reviews for attorneys, occasionally doing first pass reviews based on existing playbooks.
· Prepares charts and/or presentations out of metrics data.
· Occasionally organizes events and drives initiatives through the company systems.
· Ability to read and comprehend and answer complex instructions in English (active English knowledge is a must have).
· Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
· Advanced PC skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
· Understanding of administration, and legal terminology.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
· Demonstrated ability to work independently and under time pressure.
· Position requires discretion, confidentiality, sound judgment, and critical thinking.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize effectively.
· Expertise and knowledge in basic project management is an advantage.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.